The Student Room Group

MSc Physician Associates

Anyone been offered a place on the MSc Physician Associate programme at the University of Worcester??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G.O.T.Fan
Anyone been offered a place on the MSc Physician Associate programme at the University of Worcester??

How long did they take to reply to you about an offer after interview?
Original post by InterSnack
How long did they take to reply to you about an offer after interview?

Hi, I have been offered a place but on the part time course as I don't have enough clinical/patient experience. Any ideas about how to fund it?? The part time course is not eligible for professional career dev loans... but the full time course is. How is everyone else funding it ? And is anyone accepted onto the part time one?
Hi

Been accepted on the full time course which I am self-funding including accommodation. I think the professional career development loan covers courses lasting 1 to 2 years :/ I am not even eligible for the new postgraduate loan scheme as I already have a masters! I don't think there are other sources of funding available :/
Reply 4
Original post by Taylor.0819
Hi

Been accepted on the full time course which I am self-funding including accommodation. I think the professional career development loan covers courses lasting 1 to 2 years :/ I am not even eligible for the new postgraduate loan scheme as I already have a masters! I don't think there are other sources of funding available :/

Hi,

How are you planning to fund the course and living costs then?
Reply 5
I'm starting on the full time this year too :smile: anyone else had an email about the bursary?*
Original post by Hennnaa
I'm starting on the full time this year too :smile: anyone else had an email about the bursary?*

yea got an email too. congrats :smile: have you found accomodation?
Reply 7
Original post by kimberley77

congrats to you too! :smile: yeah I went up for a few viewings last week and finalised a room not too far from uni, I applied for halls through the uni but they still haven't got back to me yet, you?
Original post by Hennnaa
congrats to you too! :smile: yeah I went up for a few viewings last week and finalised a room not too far from uni, I applied for halls through the uni but they still haven't got back to me yet, you?

no i've not found one yet, i can't afford the postgrad student halls haha. is it a studio flat or room in a house then? :smile: what site/agency did you use?
Reply 9
no i've not found one yet, i can't afford the postgrad student halls haha. is it a studio flat or room in a house then? :smile: what site/agency did you use?

I know what you mean I wouldn't really be able to afford them but I applied anyway just in case I didn't find anything. It's a room in a house but there's only 4 of us so not too bad. I used AFS Worcester, plus studentpad, I can message you the password the uni gave me for it also if you want any contact details of landlords I now know who still have rooms going I can forward you their details too :smile:
Also in my search I found the studios to be a bomb of a lot more than rooms plus mostly on the other side of the river 🙈*
Original post by Hennnaa
I know what you mean I wouldn't really be able to afford them but I applied anyway just in case I didn't find anything. It's a room in a house but there's only 4 of us so not too bad. I used AFS Worcester, plus studentpad, I can message you the password the uni gave me for it also if you want any contact details of landlords I now know who still have rooms going I can forward you their details too :smile:
Also in my search I found the studios to be a bomb of a lot more than rooms plus mostly on the other side of the river 🙈*

yea i thought i might try and apply anyway just incase but think they're gonna be full up now. aww thankyou that would be great if you could! you found the studios to be more pricey? really i've found some really cheap ones with bills included but not sure how nice they are!! lol
I still haven't heard anything back from the Accommodation Team. I did question this and I was told that rooms are being allocated and we will find out around Mid-July so hopefully by next week presumably. Worcester studentpad is good! For the on-campus accommodation I don't think it is necessary to select postgraduate, I have kept my preferences opened and chose 1 cheaper one.
Original post by Taylor.0819
I still haven't heard anything back from the Accommodation Team. I did question this and I was told that rooms are being allocated and we will find out around Mid-July so hopefully by next week presumably. Worcester studentpad is good! For the on-campus accommodation I don't think it is necessary to select postgraduate, I have kept my preferences opened and chose 1 cheaper one.

no i know, it's just i don't really want to be with undergrads... think theyll be crazy. not sure. guess it depends. How do you apply on the site anyway i can't seem to ?
no i know, it's just i don't really want to be with undergrads... think theyll be crazy. not sure. guess it depends. How do you apply on the site anyway i can't seem to ?

That is true to some extent! It does depend on who you live with if private housing is chosen instead. As far as I can remember the application deadline was 31 May, But you may want to ask the Accommodation Team for further advice.
Original post by Hennnaa

Yes. The bursary is over 2 years! It does help alot.
Is anyone considering working part time alongside the full time course? classes are most likely to be Mon to Fri 9-5pm.
should we make a facebook group for those joining this year or something ?
Reply 17

How much is the bursary for?
Reply 18
Hello!

I am starting the course full time at Worcester too! I think its a great idea to make a Facebook group! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by P.A
How much is the bursary for?

They said it was £6,500 which will help loads but haven't heard anything since so let's see what happens with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest