The Student Room Group

How difficult is a Foundation year in Biomedical Science in comparison to A-levels?

How difficult is a Foundation year in Biomedical Science in comparison to A-levels? Im currently doing my only science alevel in Chemistry
Reply 1
i will be doing pharmacy foundation this year and ive been wondering the same.
Reply 2
Original post by Sooliga
i will be doing pharmacy foundation this year and ive been wondering the same.

If you don't mind me asking, are you doing the foundation year because of low grades or having high grades but the wrong subjects?
Reply 3
Original post by germanyone1
If you don't mind me asking, are you doing the foundation year because of low grades or having high grades but the wrong subjects?

I will be starting this September. At the beginning I don't really know what to do. I picked maths, bio, and art, but yeah, I could have pick chemistry. I did pharmacy work experience and this motivated me to study pharmacy. :smile:
Uni study is very different from A level study but a foundation year is sort of in between and should prepare you. Don't expect to be spoonfed, make sure you do your own research and reading and don't expect there to be a fixed syllabus. Go to the required teaching activities, engage and use your lecturers/tutors.
Reply 5
Original post by alleycat393
Uni study is very different from A level study but a foundation year is sort of in between and should prepare you. Don't expect to be spoonfed, make sure you do your own research and reading and don't expect there to be a fixed syllabus. Go to the required teaching activities, engage and use your lecturers/tutors.

Thank you!

Quick Reply