Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

ucl or kcl?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    which is the best for classics at postgraduate level?

    UCL, according to league tables.

    (Original post by manolis1!)
    which is the best for classics at postgraduate level?
    The Classics MA's at KCL and UCL are actually more or less the same course, literally - the module is an intercollegiate module organised by both the above unis plus Royal Holloway, and it has shared research seminars, many modules, and uses as its main library that of the Institute of Classical Studies, located in Senate House, near the British museum (you can also access KCL's library as a UCL student, and vice versa, though you may need to get permission).

    So it really depends on other factors, such as the facilities and services offered by the university you will be officially a student of (in fact the two unis also share access to some student societies as well through the University of London). Usually postgrads want to specialise in a specific area, the area in which you will write your thesis. In which case it becomes partly a matter of which department has the most appropriate specialism and staff members for you. And of course whether you want 'UCL' or 'KCL' on your final degree certificate.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2016
TSR Support Team
Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.