The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by rachel_b
I was just wondering what the actual registration process entailed (before the questionnaires) - do you upload a CV or fill out a form of sorts? Should I be asking my part-time work manager for a reference before I begin the process? I do not want to start something I cannot finish! Thanks all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all pretty basic personal information and equalities monitoring stuff, as well as which streams you're applying for in which order of preference. No preparation required before you get to the assessments.
Does anyone know what is involved in the video interview? Intrigued as to how they know what uni went to/work experience we have as it is not feature on the initial application. According to the section on Faststream website under FAQ it is says something about having a minute to complete the first 7 questions of 8 and then the final one you have 2 minutes..seems like such a short time, and I am just wondering what kind of qs they may ask.

Anyone have any idea?
Btw I heard that if you don't get through then you get send feedback/scorecard about what went well and what you need to work on for next year. Would who experienced that be kind enough to shed some light on what the scorecard/feedback form looked like?
Original post by catriona135
Does anyone know what is involved in the video interview? Intrigued as to how they know what uni went to/work experience we have as it is not feature on the initial application. According to the section on Faststream website under FAQ it is says something about having a minute to complete the first 7 questions of 8 and then the final one you have 2 minutes..seems like such a short time, and I am just wondering what kind of qs they may ask.

Anyone have any idea?

Last year the interview was part of the FSAC and was competency based (on the main CS competencies) e.g. can you tell me about a time when you *did/displayed X competency* etc. so it may very well be similar to that and you have to give a short and to-the-point example of what you did in a minute. I could be totally wrong too however!

Original post by DannyM25
Btw I heard that if you don't get through then you get send feedback/scorecard about what went well and what you need to work on for next year. Would who experienced that be kind enough to shed some light on what the scorecard/feedback form looked like?

Last year you only got feedback if you made it to the FSAC, I imagine it will be similar this year, possibly also if you make it to the interview. It had your final scores, and then there was feedback on how well you displayed the competencies they were looking for, how you did in the activities, etc. Mine was pretty brutal, but a good resource to learn from!
My FSAC report was long and very detailed. Mostly accurate. Mine wasn't that brutal but I might be immune to feedback being an existing civil servant and forty lol
Does anyone know if we get an email to tell us if we're not through any of the rounds? I don't mean feedback; just a notification to say that we're not through?
I thought I was the only one waiting for what felt like forever to find out if they got through to the Etray exercise/video interview stage.... when will they let us know?!
Reply 287
I've applied also, completed the sjt and the behavioural last saturday so i'm not expecting to hear anything for a while yet as i've seen on this thread may be up to two weeks, but was wondering if anyone knew if we got notified if we didnt get through this first initial stage or after a while we just have to assume we havent made it hahah. i'm guessing the latter is probs true
Hi all

I've been quietly lurking on this thread for the past few days so thought I'd sign up to say that I've had an email to say I've passed the online SJT and have had my invitation to complete the E-Tray exercise; I expect everyone should start getting similar emails soon!

Says you have 7 days to sit the test.
Original post by boingboing17
Hi all

I've been quietly lurking on this thread for the past few days so thought I'd sign up to say that I've had an email to say I've passed the online SJT and have had my invitation to complete the E-Tray exercise; I expect everyone should start getting similar emails soon!

Says you have 7 days to sit the test.

When did you get this email?
Reply 290
Original post by KJSwale

yeah i've just had this email saying i passed the two original tests and i have a week to do the e-tray thing about 10 minutes ago haha so they must be starting to send out emails now but they'll probably have a lot to send so don't worry if you don't necessarily get it today, they'll have to stagger it
Original post by KJSwale

About 15 mins ago
Reply 292
About 15 mins ago

Original post by rtraff
yeah i've just had this email saying i passed the two original tests and i have a week to do the e-tray thing about 10 minutes ago haha so they must be starting to send out emails now but they'll probably have a lot to send so don't worry if you don't necessarily get it today, they'll have to stagger it

How long ago did you guys take the online tests? :smile:
Reply 293
Original post by BWCW

i took them last saturday :smile:
Original post by BWCW

From memory, about a week ago; I think it was the morning of 11 October.
I emailed and said they're getting marked incrementally. Getting anxious as I did my tests 29th September and so they must be working backwards!
I want mine :-( patience is not my strong suit haha
Reply 297
Original post by rtraff
i took them last saturday :smile:

From memory, about a week ago; I think it was the morning of 11 October.

Ok, so not a long wait for you! Thanks and good luck :smile:
Reply 298
About 15 mins ago

I just got mine :smile:
Reply 299
Actually - if you haven't got an email yet, try signing into your application - I haven't got an email yet but my e-tray has been unlocked!

EDIT: there's the email. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending