Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Help! Edexcel unit 4 section B Lysistrata

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi guys i'm near to tears here. I am desperate for some help!
    basically my drama teacher has taught me absolutely nothing all year he just gives us print out and sends us on our way. My exam is on the 20th June 2016 and i am seriously panicking.

My directors concept is to cast the opposite sex for each character for example cast lysistrata as a male but have him perform seriously as a female in role. i wanted to do this to highlight the changes in time from aristophanes' sexism towards women by creating a comedy at the expense of female empowerment.

i originally wanted to keep the play set in greek time and keep the spartan Vs athian theme and mainly focus on gender roles. HOWEVER i have noticed that every other human on earth is either doing a spin on the play by involving london riots ww2 or the suffrogets.... obviously to explore the conflict of the peloponesain war... so I'm asking is my concept going to fail my exam because of its lack of modernising the conflict in the play?

also could someone list some comparative notes to use when writing about aristophanes' version in comparison to my own? i take it the same for section C

e.g.: in the modern performance blah blah blah
    however in the original performance blablah blah

ps: i know what i have just written has spelling mistakes and is poorly written please take into account i am dyslexic
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.