The Student Room Group

Overall grade for History? Please

I achieved an A grade exactly for my controlled assessment in History. My exam board is Edexcel, would anyone be able to help me find out what I would need to get in Paper 1, 2 and the sources paper to get an A grade or a B grade overall?? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Gingy2
I achieved an A grade exactly for my controlled assessment in History. My exam board is Edexcel, would anyone be able to help me find out what I would need to get in Paper 1, 2 and the sources paper to get an A grade or a B grade overall?? Thanks :smile:

Is that this specification? If so, every component is equally weighted at 25% each. So to get an A, you'd need to average an A between the other 3, as your exact A grade means that when it's added to make an average, it basically doesn't affect the average because it's exactly 80.00% of the UMS. Confusing, so ignore that if you're not sure what it means). This is only true if your target grade is an A.

To get a B, however, you just need to get mostly Bs, and thanks to your A grade you can afford to get a high C or two in those exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending