Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Can anyone help me by taking a guess?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    This is about aqa english lit but thats irelevant really i just want to know if anyone can take a guess at what 40% of my overall being an E grade (which means fail because its the higher paper) but the other 60% is an A* grade and what this would get rounded to to give my actual grade? Thankss

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    I would guess it would be a B-C, leaning more towards the B side. Impossible to tell though without exact marks/UMS in the coursework and the exam.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by zeldor711)
    I would guess it would be a B-C, leaning more towards the B side. Impossible to tell though without exact marks/UMS in the coursework and the exam.
    Aw :'( im so annoyed i flunked that paper 1 exam bc i was heading for clear a*

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.