The Student Room Group

WJEC AS CG1 Resit (6th June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kenconut
yeah I went Bham uni and Leeds as my insure, one more thing about it as well - the college used mail merge, right?

oh what's the offer for you to get in? if you mind me aasking. And yeah it was
Original post by Dasaw
oh what's the offer for you to get in? if you mind me aasking. And yeah it was

Bham was AAA, Leeds was AAB - im hoping they only do those high entry reqs for initial applications, just for the prestige/to look good... I've had people in my family get into Bham AAA with an ABB before...

How about you anyway, what was Astons req, and what was your insurance
Reply 42
Bham was AAA, Leeds was AAB - im hoping they only do those high entry reqs for initial applications, just for the prestige/to look good... I've had people in my family get into Bham AAA with an ABB before...

How about you anyway, what was Astons req, and what was your insurance

yeah i'd imagine people getting in with those grades, it's all relative to the course and how many spaces they have left etc. Aston is 3B'S but i think i can get an ABB maybe if my exams go well, i ****ed up my first year so it's a lot harder this year.

My insurance is Nottingham Trent which is like 280 UCAS points so like 2B'S and a C at alevel, also wut was your predicted grades?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dasaw
yeah i'd imagine people getting in with those grades, it's all relative to the course and how many spaces they have left etc. Aston is 3B'S but i think i can get an ABB maybe if my exams go well, i ****ed up my first year so it's a lot harder this year.

My insurance is Nottingham Trent which is like 280 UCAS points so like 2B'S and a C at alevel, also wut was your predicted grades?

my grades last year were ABB (A geog, B chem, B comp) and my teachers (unwantedly) put me at A*A A/B (A* geog, A comp, A/B chem)
Reply 44
my grades last year were ABB (A geog, B chem, B comp) and my teachers (unwantedly) put me at A*A A/B (A* geog, A comp, A/B chem)

haha reluctancy dw mate im sure you'll get in. Pretty sure UOB is up for clearing for comp sci courses currently which is a good sign for you
Original post by Dasaw
haha reluctancy dw mate im sure you'll get in. Pretty sure UOB is up for clearing for comp sci courses currently which is a good sign for you

How do you check clearing like that?
Reply 46
How do you check clearing like that?

UCAS have a clearing tool available you just go on there type in course then look through, basically means they aint got enuff people to fill up their course currently
Original post by Dasaw
UCAS have a clearing tool available you just go on there type in course then look through, basically means they aint got enuff people to fill up their course currently

any chance you can link this mate, or guide me in the right direction?
Reply 48
any chance you can link this mate, or guide me in the right direction?

If you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day, when Clearing vacancies will be listed in our search tool.

http://search.ucas.com/ - Tool
Original post by Dasaw

If you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day, when Clearing vacancies will be listed in our search tool.

http://search.ucas.com/ - Tool

thats quality, and actually really assuring to know hahaha
Reply 50
thats quality, and actually really assuring to know hahaha

haha yeah im willing to bet people with 3B'S will defo get in if not enough applicants apply, obv cus the institution's bottom line is monayz so at that point im sure they'll take you in
Original post by Dasaw
haha yeah im willing to bet people with 3B'S will defo get in if not enough applicants apply, obv cus the institution's bottom line is monayz so at that point im sure they'll take you in

yeah that is quite true, i guess that makes it quite good for yourself too
Reply 52
yeah that is quite true, i guess that makes it quite good for yourself too

haha true UOB was actually my original idea before i started college obv that aspiration burnt out after AS but I never know, here's to hoping
Original post by Dasaw
haha true UOB was actually my original idea before i started college obv that aspiration burnt out after AS but I never know, here's to hoping

heres to hoping we both get bham places, rule is never tell eachother who we actually are
Reply 54
heres to hoping we both get bham places, rule is never tell eachother who we actually are

haha deal
Hey guys, what did you put for the first algorithm question as the outputs?
Was it simply just 3,6,9 and 12?
Wow im surprised people had to resit this one :/
Original post by illustions
Hey guys, what did you put for the first algorithm question as the outputs?
Was it simply just 3,6,9 and 12?

for -3 it was the whole "number less than 0" output

for +3 it was 3 6 9 12 yeah

Why was the paper green? I stole a copy after the exam

ah that's a relief, thanks.

Quick Reply