The Student Room Group

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Collombia
Living in poverty...

Aww, don't be pessimistic, I'm sure you won't be living in poverty. Just do your best in school and you'll get a great, well paid job :h:

Even if you don't, just marry your way into money. :clap2:
Married and happier, I hope. :smile: While painting and learning as a side-hobby.
In no particular order:

Graduated
Earning at least £40k
Hopefully married/ in a long term serious relationship
Kids
Mortgage
Reply 43
Morbid reply but maybe dead? :redface: Don't know what the future holds.
Original post by jamesthehustler
well my mum owns a 10% stake in my company so thats that covered and well there a lot of people who helped me who will get good gifts i'll have to go to omega to see whats available
and £500,000 isn't a lot after 40% for tax, the 10% equity and the 25% costs i only make 25% myself and there a lot to get

What he means is that all of this won't get you any actual happiness.
And anyway, you don't get rich in the blink of an eye; it takes time, effort, failure and constant dedication. Are you up for that? By the looks of it, you seem to have everything planned like it will most definitely happen. But what if it doesn't? What will you do then? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but how will you cope if all of your materialistic ambitions are not fulfilled. You cannot base your future simply on materialistic ideals. It won't make you happy in the long run. Especially if things don't work out. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have those dreams, do but with a balance, what about charity work, a relationship or even helping the homeless? Something that will make you truly happy not just 'money' as it will only leave you happy temporarily and when you've had it for a really long time, it won't mean the same to you and its attraction will have faded out.
Original post by MeerabBieber
Aww, don't be pessimistic, I'm sure you won't be living in poverty. Just do your best in school and you'll get a great, well paid job :h:

Even if you don't, just marry your way into money. :clap2:

Eh... :c
Deffo qualified doctor, then 3 oscars (7 nominations :frown: ) a villa in Malibu, apartment in Vancouver and ideally 20lbs lighter with my rich ass bf

Pumped x
Original post by ZuluK
Morbid reply but maybe dead? :redface: Don't know what the future holds.

Bit pesimisstic? I want a house and maybe kids too
- Married
- First child (I have a feeling it'll be a boy)
- Scientist at some pharmaceutical company
- Living in my dream home
- Happy
Reply 49
Doing residency in surgery with my surgeon wife.
@nucdev @ravioliyears?
Dancing on a car trying to figure out what the **** happened with my life.
Original post by spv
Doing residency in surgery with my surgeon wife.
@nucdev @ravioliyears?

Hmmmmm. Aerospace Engineer working at either ESA or the Royal Aeronautical Socety :colondollar: with a husband and possibly a child :rofl:
Reply 52
Original post by ravioliyears
Hmmmmm. Aerospace Engineer working at either ESA or the Royal Aeronautical Socety :colondollar: with a husband and possibly a child :rofl:

tame khali chha-vis varas na haso ane already chokra peda karva chhe. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Although, I thought the same thing. I wanted to be married and have no more than 2 kids by 30. Those plans are being slashed lmao.
Hopefully a band 8a/8b lead cardiology pharmacist, potentially with PhD under my belt, maybe with some sort of experience in academia researching and lecturing.

Financially, I hope to have bought a house by then.
Rekting lyf at its own game :smug:
Original post by MeerabBieber
What he means is that all of this won't get you any actual happiness.
And anyway, you don't get rich in the blink of an eye; it takes time, effort, failure and constant dedication. Are you up for that? By the looks of it, you seem to have everything planned like it will most definitely happen. But what if it doesn't? What will you do then? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but how will you cope if all of your materialistic ambitions are not fulfilled. You cannot base your future simply on materialistic ideals. It won't make you happy in the long run. Especially if things don't work out. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have those dreams, do but with a balance, what about charity work, a relationship or even helping the homeless? Something that will make you truly happy not just 'money' as it will only leave you happy temporarily and when you've had it for a really long time, it won't mean the same to you and its attraction will have faded out.

i've already had a few failures but you turn that into a lession what don't you buy next time and with the client list i already have i don't need to worry about what happens as i can change my business to go multiple ways from direct to trade supply chain, buying to order, and just hitting threads and keeping stock for that trend, even becoming a diamond and gemstone dealer is a possibility and well to be honest a lot of charities are a con. i have plans for a relationship in a decade or so and i'd help community projects so the local homeless, local youth projects and that it just not priced at any major costs and for having attraction that true and i'll still have the passion about what i am selling even i don't need the money anymore
Reply 56
not relying on my parents (ie moved out)
completed university (despite not knowing what i actually want to do there:redface:)
have a job that i enjoy

Quick Reply

Latest