The Student Room Group

Work experience for forensic linguistics? (English language and linguistics degree)

Hiya

I'm 17 years old and would like to become a forensic linguist when I'm finished at university, or just any career in linguistics if that fails to work out well for me. My school has arranged a work experience week on week commencing July 4th, what placement could I undertake to prepare me for this?

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi there.
Forensic linguistics is very interesting so I'm not surprised you want to get into it.
For your work experience I would suggest looking for something that allows you to examine what other people are writing - for example in a newspaper office or communications team.
Good luck with your career plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ftmshk
Hi there.
Forensic linguistics is very interesting so I'm not surprised you want to get into it.
For your work experience I would suggest looking for something that allows you to examine what other people are writing - for example in a newspaper office or communications team.
Good luck with your career plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll try look into getting a placement at a communications team!
Reply 3
hey I've been looking up forensic linguistics w/e too! I was wondering what kind of you ended up doing??
Reply 4
hey!! I’m 16 and also looking for a forensic linguistic work experience placement. I’ve been googling stuff for ages and I haven’t found any kind of linguistics firm or something. Did any of you find anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending