The Student Room Group

Was blocking her out of my life the right thing to do?

Scroll to see replies

The real question though... Did you beat it up after her prom?
It's alright not to want to talk to someone for whatever reason. The wise thing to have done would be to have been completely honest and sincere with her - this translates into giving some sort of explanation for what you were doing. What you did was childish, cowardly, dishonest and just wrong.

Now you've left her hanging: wondering what has gone wrong, and whether you were going to be going back to being friends. :thumbdown:
Original post by cosmic angel
It's alright not to want to talk to someone for whatever reason. The wise thing to have done would be to have been completely honest and sincere with her - this translates into giving some sort of explanation for what you were doing. What you did was childish, cowardly, dishonest and just wrong.

Now you've left her hanging: wondering what has gone wrong, and whether you were going to be going back to being friends. :thumbdown:

We weren't just friends for crying out loud. Friends don't ****.
Original post by Profesh
Perfunctory displays of contrition notwithstanding, anyone possessing even a single atom of compassion would, I think, find themselves hard pressed to be less than unequivocal in condemning your conduct for the unmitigated, abject and consummate moral failure it represents.

So: either accord her the minimum consideration that courtesy and decency demands, namely an explanation which will absolve any misplaced self-doubt arising from your—as yet unaccountable, but otherwise not wholly indefensible—decision and thereby allay a potentially catastrophic blow to her self-esteem; or be forever resigned to the reeking cesspool of wretched, craven, degenerate humanity where you currently reside.

This is an ultimate reckoning of your character and ethical backbone as a man; there can be no third option.

Is this how you talk in real life, or is a persona?
Well if you just went to prom, then cut her off. Your explanation sounds pretty selfish, childish and immature.
Why didnt you just have a chat wit her about it?
Original post by Anonymous
Is this how you talk in real life, or is a persona?

Substantively, inasmuch as I've an appreciably wide vocabulary and all-pervading penchant for grammatical contortionism; yes.

Literally? Well, I have my moments, but all told, Stephen Fry can probably rest easy on his throne for the time-being.
Original post by Profesh
Substantively, inasmuch as I've an appreciably wide vocabulary and all-pervading penchant for grammatical contortionism; yes.

Literally? Well, I have my moments, but all told, Stephen Fry can probably rest easy on his throne for the time-being.

Ok.
So what are you saying then?

Are you telling me she wanted me to form the relationship myself?
You tell her. At least she'd know. Just blocking her was ****ing selfish bro without explanation.

Unblock her and explain, grow some.*******s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baad idea dude. Bad idea. That's all I can say from the story which you have posted about your so-called love life.

The girl's crazy about you. She can have ANY guy she wants. But wait, no, she rejected them for you. You must be very special to her. But wait, no, you leave her because you FEEL like a long distance relationship wouldn't work. Seriously. They can. Anything can work as long as you love her and she loves you and you have complete trust in each other.

Now ask yourself this. Do you love her? If yes. Talk to her. If no. Talk to her and explain why it will not work.
Simply distancing from someone or blocking someone out of your life completely is not good. It will leave her confused, hurt and angry. Love can turn into hate VERY quickly.
Original post by tereziscool
Baad idea dude. Bad idea. That's all I can say from the story which you have posted about your so-called love life.

The girl's crazy about you. She can have ANY guy she wants. But wait, no, she rejected them for you. You must be very special to her. But wait, no, you leave her because you FEEL like a long distance relationship wouldn't work. Seriously. They can. Anything can work as long as you love her and she loves you and you have complete trust in each other.

Now ask yourself this. Do you love her? If yes. Talk to her. If no. Talk to her and explain why it will not work.
Simply distancing from someone or blocking someone out of your life completely is not good. It will leave her confused, hurt and angry. Love can turn into hate VERY quickly.

But we both agreed that a LDR wouldn't work - it seemed like she didn't want one.

I did love her, I don't know if she loved me. I knew she was attracted to me and had feelings, but I never knew to what extent.

I saw her the summer after blocking her and she didn't seem angry... she was always looking at me, always trying to talk to me and was asking people how I was and stuff.
Reply 51
I knew her for 5 years.

She invited me to her Prom which was in another country. She told me that a lot of guys had asked her out (she's beautiful and probably very popular at school) but she turned them all down so that she could go with me. She dropped a hint and I accepted.

During the visit her best friend came up to me and said "You have no idea how much she talks about you. I know so much about you already - she can't stop".

I ended up blocking her because I wanted to move on... I knew because of the distance nothing was going to happen... we wouldjust have this long distance thing and it would hurt me.

I've seen her since. She constantly tries to talk to me...

Did I do the right thing.

I know you meant no harm but that is kinda cold to her because she would spend her time worrying and thinking that: did she do something wrong? is it something she said? What happened? and trust me, a majority of girls would end up being so stressed and just thrown into emotional turmoil and it's not good because she becomes paranoid and it starts a whole strain of problems sooo...

I think maybe (for a peace of mind between you and her) you should "restart" and talk to her so that you can both find a common ground and move on or fight for the relationship if you still love her.
But we both agreed that a LDR wouldn't work - it seemed like she didn't want one.

I did love her, I don't know if she loved me. I knew she was attracted to me and had feelings, but I never knew to what extent.

I saw her the summer after blocking her and she didn't seem angry... she was always looking at me, always trying to talk to me and was asking people how I was and stuff.

It seems to me that you blocking her happened a long time ago. If that's the case there is really nothing to regret or reflect upon. What is done is done. It appears that she has gotten over the fact that you do not want to be in a committed long distance relationship and you two are not in love with each other anymore.

May I ask what country she is living in?

Spoiler

We weren't just friends for crying out loud. Friends don't ****.

Is this your way of deflecting criticism, saying you weren't in a relationship to the people who assumed you were so, and saying you were more than friends to people who assume you were friends? Nobody cares.

Whether you were friends or more than friends - it is beside the point and doesn't alter the applicability of a word of what I said to you.
99% Troll
0% Truth

Where did the other 1% go?
Down the drain with your Common sense..
This doesn't rub me right at all
I think you should speak to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending