The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah i watched it and thought it was quite good, but that article....

If it is true i feel fooled as when they were moving like the antelope the reson they gave was because they were going to be prey....but to lions, not hunters
Reply 2
I watched it and thought it was quite good too.
Duno... I don't belive everything I read in the papers, but i guess its quite possible that its true, in which case the program shouldn't have lied about it and made up some fob story. Not a good move.
Reply 3
lol yeah i feel abit cheated....

On one of the gap year websites you can acutally follow that capture team - personally I would refer one without the cameras! Would be a good way to figure out the truth thought lol.
If the mail was telling lies i'm sure the game capturers and television broadcasting company would take legal action. It may be exaggerated and only be an isolated case, the problem with the media is that they never disclose both sides of the arguement and all the information we need to make a decision.

To be honest, if i was an antelope on a game reserve, i'd rather be shot in the head and killed instantly by a game hunter, than chased and then painfully killed with a bite to the neck causing the animal to bleed to death over the course of a several minutes. Of course its all down to personal preference.

As long as the animals are allowed to live a natural happy life, and are killed by the hunters as humanely as possible, quickly, and with the least amount of pain, it doesn't bother me the slightest whether a hunter does the job, or a lion.
Reply 5
What about the fact that game hunters kill the healthiest, strongest animals? Whereas natural predators generally cull the weaker animals?
Also, if you have ever watched an antelope being killed by a lion or a cheetah, it is pretty quick and they do not generally bleed to death. On the other hand, what happens when the hunter is not completely accurate with his shot? I can imagine that must be pretty painful..
Reply 6
To be honest, if i was an antelope on a game reserve, i'd rather be shot in the head and killed instantly by a game hunter, than chased and then painfully killed with a bite to the neck causing the animal to bleed to death over the course of a several minutes. Of course its all down to personal preference.

Yes but it includes endangered animals like leopards ect: If they are killed by hunters aswell as natural predators ect: they wil become even more endangered. Thats the whole point of nature reserves!
Reply 7
If they are hunting protected animals, than that is considered poaching... no? and is illegal?
Reply 8
Sorry double post!
Reply 9
Well thats what their been accused of! £1600 for a leopard head apparently...
Reply 10
Ok.. should probably read the article, but that was mostly directed at the poster who thought that poaching was ok.
i watched it aswell and really enjoyed it

that story is rather worrying though. we all know it happens but to think that theyre making money out of making a series about helping animals. and then making more money through their 'helping' the animals. is anyone else thinking golddigers?

x

Latest

Trending

Trending