Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student finance

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Do I send a copy of my birth certificate and passport or do I have to send an original?

    Also, can I just send a copy of by birth certificate without my passport?

    If you're an English student, you don't need to send both.

    If you are a British student this is what you have to send as proof of ID.

    1. Original Valid UK passport


    2. Original birth certificate alongside & a birth and adoption certificate form (which you can download from here http://www.gov.uk/student-finance-fo...tity/year-1617 )

    Please note SFE do not accept photocopies.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.