The Student Room Group

Help with my options!!!

I want to do an economics degree but I am stuck deciding between business studies or politics A-Level. Which one is liked better by the top universities such as Warwick or Cambridge etc. (Particularly Russel Group Unis)
Politics. A lot of unis see business studies as a 'soft' subject.
Original post by Adnan1996
I want to do an economics degree but I am stuck deciding between business studies or politics A-Level. Which one is liked better by the top universities such as Warwick or Cambridge etc. (Particularly Russel Group Unis)

Forgot to add: This is straight from the LSE website:
Finally, there are a small number of A levels which are normally excluded from our standard offer; please see the list below. Applicants should offer three full A levels or equivalent alongside these subjects.List of common traditional academic/”generally preferred” subjects:Ancient History Biology Classical CivilisationChemistryComputingEconomicsEnglish (English Language, English Literature and English Language and Literature)Further Mathematics*GeographyGovernment and PoliticsHistoryLanguages: Modern Foreign, Classic and Community**MathematicsMusicPhilosophyPhysicsPsychologyReligious StudiesSociologyList of common non-preferred subjects:Any Applied A levelAccountingArt and DesignBusiness StudiesCitizenship StudiesCommunication and CultureCreative WritingDesign and TechnologyDrama/Theatre StudiesFilm StudiesHealth and Social CareHome EconomicsInformation and Communication TechnologyLawLeisure StudiesMedia StudiesMusic TechnologyPhysical Education/Sports studiesTravel and TourismList of normally excluded subjectsGeneral StudiesCritical ThinkingThinking SkillsKnowledge and EnquiryProject Work

Hope this helped :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
Forgot to add: This is straight from the LSE website:
Finally, there are a small number of A levels which are normally excluded from our standard offer; please see the list below. Applicants should offer three full A levels or equivalent alongside these subjects.List of common traditional academic/”generally preferred” subjects:Ancient History Biology Classical CivilisationChemistryComputingEconomicsEnglish (English Language, English Literature and English Language and Literature)Further Mathematics*GeographyGovernment and PoliticsHistoryLanguages: Modern Foreign, Classic and Community**MathematicsMusicPhilosophyPhysicsPsychologyReligious StudiesSociologyList of common non-preferred subjects:Any Applied A levelAccountingArt and DesignBusiness StudiesCitizenship StudiesCommunication and CultureCreative WritingDesign and TechnologyDrama/Theatre StudiesFilm StudiesHealth and Social CareHome EconomicsInformation and Communication TechnologyLawLeisure StudiesMedia StudiesMusic TechnologyPhysical Education/Sports studiesTravel and TourismList of normally excluded subjectsGeneral StudiesCritical ThinkingThinking SkillsKnowledge and EnquiryProject Work

Hope this helped :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending