The Student Room Group

Where to live in London?

Essentially, I'm hoping to begin work on an apprenticeship with a Law Firm in London in September.

I was looking for some help on where to live. Coming from Northern Ireland and the countryside the idea of living there is slightly daunting.

My main priority is safety, to be brief. I want somewhere where I can walk home at night time without any problems, etc.

I'm willing to sacrifice the size of my flat/studio in order to have the above.

Thanks.
Where in London is the law firm?
There are nicer and less nice areas in every part of town, so my advice would be to start with where the firm is based and try to stay within an hour's commute. Travel times here can be ridiculous, and it's such a waste of life spending 1.5-2 hours on the train each way if you can avoid it.
Original post by Tim Kennedy
Essentially, I'm hoping to begin work on an apprenticeship with a Law Firm in London in September.

I was looking for some help on where to live. Coming from Northern Ireland and the countryside the idea of living there is slightly daunting.

My main priority is safety, to be brief. I want somewhere where I can walk home at night time without any problems, etc.

I'm willing to sacrifice the size of my flat/studio in order to have the above.

Thanks.

What's your monthly budget on rent?
Reply 4
The best places to live in London is Kensington.
When you say 'walk home' do you actually mean that - or do you mean 'safe to walk home once I've got off public transport'?
Reply 6
Hackney, without a doubt. Cheap, SAFE and Diverse. There are people from every background in Hackney, it's colorful and very alive.
Reply 7
As a young professional living in London? You'll want Zone 2 for the commute.

Isle of Dogs (for CW, Bank & Liverpool St.), Clapham Junction (for anywhere), Swiss Cottage (for anywhere), Highbury & Islington (for anywhere), Canada Water (anywhere), or Elephant & Castle (it's really not that bad anymore).

Cheap areas for young people with non-dodgy streets... of course once you've been earning for a few years you can move into 'nicer' locations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending