The Student Room Group

G063 A2 OCR ICT 2016 22nd June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kevvvvvv
someone link the 2015 paper please

It's on the previous page
Grrrr i hate BCS and ACM so much, it's all such ******** but i know i have to look over it :angry:
Original post by smackitintheair
Grrrr i hate BCS and ACM so much, it's all such ******** but i know i have to look over it :angry:

What do we actually have to know about them?
Original post by cmardle
In case you didn't know its a guarantee that one of the 11 markers is on current or future developments in technologies and their effects, so what developments are people thinking of using? I'm definitely considering biometrics with the increase in fingerprint scanners on phones, as well as the developments in drones which could be used for security. Thoughts?

Aren't those questions all within a specific topic that they give you? E.g. education, healthcare
Original post by -jordan-
Aren't those questions all within a specific topic that they give you? E.g. education, healthcare

Yes but they can be more broad, I think
They always stick an AS question in there. Normalisation last year, health problems in 2014, spreadsheet models in 2013. Anyone like to guess? :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by -jordan-
They always stick an AS question in there. Normalisation last year, health problems in 2014, spreadsheet models in 2013. Anyone like to guess? :biggrin:

Lets try.. Entity relationship diagrams?
How is the reqiurement specification different to the system specification?
Original post by smackitintheair
How is the reqiurement specification different to the system specification?

Requirment specification is designed by the system analyst and is a set of objectives that define what the system will do. Whereas system specification is the technical details that justifies the type of hardware and software to be used.
Original post by BusinessLover18
Requirment specification is designed by the system analyst and is a set of objectives that define what the system will do. Whereas system specification is the technical details that justifies the type of hardware and software to be used.

Thank you
Reply 50
What's everyone think will come up for the diagram question if its there? Last two years were flowchart so theres little to no chance of that god send coming up
Drawing a CPA hasn't come up for a good while.
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
I reckon they will rewrite some old questions in a different way and tweak the question. So for the 'designer' they will ask, give examples of what the designer will do rather than 'describe' which is asking for more general answers e.g. 'takes the requirement spec....'

Chapter 3 will definitely take up most of the paper. But June 2014 didn't that much.

is chapter 3 networks and communications?
Original post by bethdean
is chapter 3 networks and communications?

Yeah it is
how did people find it???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found it an okay paper, hand started hurting tho. The last question was a bit weird, didnt know how to answer it but i chose retina scanners as my software, what did you guys do?
Reply 56
I did biometric scanners so mentioned like fingerprint and retinal scanning for my software too 😊
I chose CCTV as a hardware though it confused me! Also found a lot of 6 markers and justify and not really any plain fact recall

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was a very nice paper! Except the last question and i didnt like the last question, i did rfid ans nfc chips lol

Didnt like the one about form based dialogue aswell

But overall very good!
Didnt have any time to check my answers so i hope my sentences actually made sense

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending