The Student Room Group

2016 AQA AS French Exam (6th June)

How did you all find the AS French exam? I thought that it was ridiculously hard compared to the past papers I had done, and the Synonym question was ridiculous!
I think the essay part was bad, however the listening part was great. What did you guys get for the phone app adverts part?
The essay was good for me and the questions aloud you to answer fully to get the best possible marks however the I didn't understand why they added the synonyms question when it wasn't in the previous papers
Original post by CalvinMedcalf1
How did you all find the AS French exam? I thought that it was ridiculously hard compared to the past papers I had done, and the Synonym question was ridiculous!
The synonym question was pretty confusing yeah. All I can remember is: perdre du poids découvre
Does anyone remember briefly the 5 questions for the reading... I feel like I missed one out..?
Reply 5
Unofficial mark scheme anyone ? Xxx
Original post by CalvinMedcalf1

I thought the essay was alright because i had a lot to say about smoking ( I chose question 12). I completely agree about the synonym question, that was so scary!. Did anybody else have the same problem as me on the listening- the MP3 I was given contained German and Spanish tracks, as well as the listening tracks from 2014 and 2015 for French! I had to listen to the third track down the list each time, for example:
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1 - this was my track
Track 1
Track 1
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2 - my track etc...
This completely threw me off and made me loose loads of time, i was thinking of appealing to AQA.
We have this issue as well in every French exam and we can live with it-surely you can too :smile: lol

Original post by BeckyQuirke
I thought the essay was alright because i had a lot to say about smoking ( I chose question 12). I completely agree about the synonym question, that was so scary!. Did anybody else have the same problem as me on the listening- the MP3 I was given contained German and Spanish tracks, as well as the listening tracks from 2014 and 2015 for French! I had to listen to the third track down the list each time, for example:
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1 - this was my track
Track 1
Track 1
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2 - my track etc...
This completely threw me off and made me loose loads of time, i was thinking of appealing to AQA.
Original post by UserBiology
The essay was good for me and the questions aloud you to answer fully to get the best possible marks however the I didn't understand why they added the synonyms question when it wasn't in the previous papers

They had that question in the AS German and Spanish papers as well. A2 Students should prepare for a similar one in the upcoming exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending