The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Who else is studying American politics for A2?
Original post by Tej98
Pretty chuffed to get an A :h:

sammeee!! what UMS out of 200 did you get?
Reply 1682
Original post by missytwinpeaks
sammeee!! what UMS out of 200 did you get?
Brilliant! I got 166 out of 200, roughly equates to 83%
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Who else is studying American politics for A2?

I will be :smile:, I did American 20th century in history for AS so that should be helpful.
I got an A in unit 2!! But a C in unit 1, bringing my grade down to a B :frown: I'll retake unit 1 but a C is a little shocking! Did any one else fall short on unit 1?

I'm doing American politics for A2 also. I've just come back from going to the US on a programme that explores politics and culture there so I'm super looking forward to it.
I got an A in unit 1 and C in unit 2 which is amazing considering i only wrote a paragraph for the 25 marker. if i had the C in unit 1 i would retake that but unit 2 is too much stress next year and also im sure i have a generous marker
Original post by boringvoice
I will be :smile:, I did American 20th century in history for AS so that should be helpful.

Original post by elleinterrupted
I got an A in unit 2!! But a C in unit 1, bringing my grade down to a B :frown: I'll retake unit 1 but a C is a little shocking! Did any one else fall short on unit 1?

I'm doing American politics for A2 also. I've just come back from going to the US on a programme that explores politics and culture there so I'm super looking forward to it.

which book will u be using for american politics in A2?
Original post by Audrey18

I think I'll use the My Revision notes revision guide to revise. In class last year we didn't really work from any textbook we just expanded upon what was in different revision guides with current examples. I think this year we'll probably be taught more using powerpoints.

That's the thing, I have no idea. Probably ask my teachers when I get back. What are you thinking of using?
Is ideologies harder than America?

I have heard conflicting reports
I just got an A in US politics. I used this https://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-US-Government-Politics-4th/dp/1444183540/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472052837&sr=8-5&keywords=edexcel+politics+a2 for the basics.
Honestly the main reason why I got an A was because of the internet and researching topics myself with up do date examples. There is so much more you need to know compared to UK politics so you have to be constantly revising topics. Towards the end I planned and completed every single past paper question including potential ones which may come up. Once you have completed all 8 topics (make sure you revise every single one) it's easy as they all link together.
Original post by xxvine
Ideologies is boring apparently
It's hard as well many say

how did you do for your exams? did you fail again? how many gap years have you taken? im guessing 3?
how did you do for your exams? did you fail again? how many gap years have you taken? im guessing 3?

I got ABC in the end.
I took a gap year because of illness and one because I didn't get into the uni I wanted . That's it.
I'm going to SOAS anyway so it worked out for me in the end.

Even if somebody has retaken many times or whatever whilst it's not ideal or something that is encouraged...you don't have to be nasty about it and make the person feel low. SMH
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pato1
I just got an A in US politics. I used this https://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-US-Government-Politics-4th/dp/1444183540/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472052837&sr=8-5&keywords=edexcel+politics+a2 for the basics.
Honestly the main reason why I got an A was because of the internet and researching topics myself with up do date examples. There is so much more you need to know compared to UK politics so you have to be constantly revising topics. Towards the end I planned and completed every single past paper question including potential ones which may come up. Once you have completed all 8 topics (make sure you revise every single one) it's easy as they all link together.

Congrats
I got a B overall...I'm happy with that lol. Off to uni now. Where you going?
Original post by xxvine
I got ABC in the end.
I took a gap year because of illness and one because I didn't get into the uni I wanted . That's it.
I'm going to SOAS anyway so it worked out for me in the end.

Even if somebody has retaken many times or whatever whilst it's not ideal or something that is encouraged...you don't have to be nasty about it and make the person feel low. SMH

wait what? ABC for law at SOAS? Seriously?
Original post by xxvine
Is ideologies harder than America?

I have heard conflicting reports

if you're really off to uni this year after having tried for the past 2 years in a row to do so, why then are you asking 'Is ideologies harder than America? '. I'm curious. Do enlighten me.
if you're really off to uni this year after having tried for the past 2 years in a row to do so, why then are you asking 'Is ideologies harder than America? '. I'm curious. Do enlighten me.

I did the EU topic A. I was wondering which was harder because the first time I did ideolgoies but didn't take the exam because of illness and dropped out half way. My cousin has a choice so I was wondering which is easier.
wait what? ABC for law at SOAS? Seriously?

Yeah they took me. They were my firm so maybe that helped. Originally they didn't so I was going to go Essex uni but I had a remark for sociology and that went up to an A so SOAS called me and offered me a place.
Maybe my reference helped as well.
Original post by xxvine
I did the EU topic A. I was wondering which was harder because the first time I did ideolgoies but didn't take the exam because of illness and dropped out half way. My cousin has a choice so I was wondering which is easier.

Original post by xxvine
Yeah they took me. They were my firm so maybe that helped. Originally they didn't so I was going to go Essex uni but I had a remark for sociology and that went up to an A so SOAS called me and offered me a place.
Maybe my reference helped as well.

You have changed your tune far too many times. I don't know what to believe anymore. Oh well, whatever rocks your boat.
You have changed your tune far too many times. I don't know what to believe anymore. Oh well, whatever rocks your boat.

Hey babe,

What marks did you end up getting?

Your best friend,
Dustbin
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending