The Student Room Group

Problem with student finance

I have applied for the higher amount of maintenance loan which I know that I am entitled to but I have only been given the normal amount. Why would this be? Should I ring up and see what they say?
Also they asked my mum to send in her P60, could it be because they have not yet received that so they have just put it down as I am getting the normal amount for now?
Original post by jess1898
I have applied for the higher amount of maintenance loan which I know that I am entitled to but I have only been given the normal amount. Why would this be? Should I ring up and see what they say?
Also they asked my mum to send in her P60, could it be because they have not yet received that so they have just put it down as I am getting the normal amount for now?

SFE notify you of your entitlement in 2 stages.

If you're entitled to a tuition loan then they'll let you know you will definitely get that and the basic maintenance loan as soon as they process your initial application. The idea is to reassure you that you'll have some money in the Autumn.

THEN they look at your household income to work out what additional student loan you'll get.

Unless you sent off financial details and your mum's P60 months ago then they haven't yet finished the financial assessment yet.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
SFE notify you of your entitlement in 2 stages.

If you're entitled to a tuition loan then they'll let you know you will definitely get that and the basic maintenance loan as soon as they process your initial application. The idea is to reassure you that you'll have some money in the Autumn.

THEN they look at your household income to work out what additional student loan you'll get.

Unless you sent off financial details and your mum's P60 months ago then they haven't yet finished the financial assessment yet.

Right okay thank you, my mum send off her P60 last week and it said that my student finance application was updated on the 2nd June so that must have just been the first stage.

Quick Reply

Latest