Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Introvert needing some advice in life

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Firstly, I believe I am an introvert (please feel free to correct me if I am not) for the following reasons
    1. I talk a lot with people one to one or even a group of three - yet in a group of 10-15 I am very quiet.
    2. I don't like having dinner with a lot of people but rather a small number of people
    3. I don't talk much in group situations and find it rather uncomfortable in such situations

The thing is, I don't have many friends and I don't know what to do in life because of this personality trait. I just finished uni with not many friends and not having lived the full university life - yes my uni was very anti-social

Let me start off by saying I can relate 100% to you. I am the same way. I tend to hate conversation in large groups and prefer my close groups. However I don't let this bother me whatsoever. I'm sure that we aren't alone in this situation. I'm sure that there have been people who are like this and there will always continue to be. Nothing is wrong with being an introvert. Its who you are....you can't change this. So be proud of who you are. You aren't doing anything wrong. And its not about having loads of friends, its about having those who will be there for you no matter what, even if its only one person.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.