The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE history exam paper 06/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What was the message of the first source for America?

I wrote about how it the civil right movement is going to move forward, like car, and hoe the fuel was symbolic of the wrok people in to the movement. Then I went on talking about the boycott itself. Do you think this will get me any marks?
Can anyone remember question 8b?
what will roughly the grade boundaries be you think? A*/A/B/C
for the first source in the vietnam war, i said that ho chi min had brunch like claws coming out of him ect..

people say it was an octopus legs that were coming out of him, if you said claws instead would you lose marks, or since its the same concept of trying to take power over S.Vietnam, it does not matter how you decide what featu
if you said in the first source of vietnam that the stuff coming out of the ho chi minh where claws not octopus legs will you lose marks?
Original post by starstudent7
Yes I found the paper easy apart from the cold war cartoon of Ho Chi Minh as an octopus.:frown: It was so weird but I managed to make things up and put it down on the paper. I did Q3 and Q8.:smile: I am normally an A* student so hopefully I get the grade. The useful one was ok too, it was a little hard.:smile: What grade are you aiming for?

I am aiming for grade A so hopefully I'll get it. I am really nervous for paper 2 because I am quite weak at doing sources for all questions which can be complicated but sources in today paper were easy. What do you think?
Original post by emilia12113
if you said in the first source of vietnam that the stuff coming out of the ho chi minh where claws not octopus legs will you lose marks?

Technically they were tentacles but I think it doesn't matter what you said they were as long as you got the key message of him taking over sv and us bombing strikes are stopping him doing this
Original post by sophia.f
I am aiming for grade A so hopefully I'll get it. I am really nervous for paper 2 because I am quite weak at doing sources for all questions which can be complicated but sources in today paper were easy. What do you think?

I am sure you will get your A.:smile: I like paper 2 better than paper 1 because I normally do better at it. Normally for all the mocks that I've done, I get an A on paper 1 and then an A* on paper 2 which gives me an A* overall.:smile: So hopefully I do better in paper 2 but I really didn't like the source from the cold war section but the Germany ones were good.:wink:
Original post by Kezzabells

I believe it was something about removing opposition or the night of long knives wasn't it?

For the Germany Section it was 'Explain how the Night of the Long Knives was significant for Hitler'. [6 Marks]

Since it was a 6 mark question you needed either 2 well-developed reasons or alternatively 3 reasons developed in a basic way both of which supported by apposite contextual knowledge.

Some possible reasons you could have given were:
1.) To get rid of opposition and consolidate his authority within the Nazi Party.
2.) To strengthen ties with the Army and to aid relationships with industrialists.
3.) To improve his image and show that he was willing to take action against those who went against him, ruthlessly...
Original post by starstudent7
I am sure you will get your A.:smile: I like paper 2 better than paper 1 because I normally do better at it. Normally for all the mocks that I've done, I get an A on paper 1 and then an A* on paper 2 which gives me an A* overall.:smile: So hopefully I do better in paper 2 but I really didn't like the source from the cold war section but the Germany ones were good.:wink:

Which unit did you do for your controlled assessment and what mark did you get on it? I did 'The USA, Land of Freedom'.
Original post by Shockzzz_ahmed
Which unit did you do for your controlled assessment and what mark did you get on it? I did 'The USA, Land of Freedom'.

We did the American 1920's boom or something along those lines but I can't remember exactly. But I got 45/50 which is an A* for it though.:smile: What did you get?:smile:
Original post by sophia.f
It was quite easy! I loved the cartoons, they were amazing. I chose Q3 (CMC) & Q9.

I was a bit struggling with germany depth study (QB) - useful...

Omg what did you write for Q9 i really think i failed it and need a B to do history at college
My one was about black African American Civil Rights. I got 48/50, which is an A* also.
Original post by Shockzzz_ahmed
My one was about black African American Civil Rights. I got 48/50, which is an A* also.

I also got 48
Original post by Job738338
I also got 48

What was your controlled assessment about?
Reply 57
For my history exam, I completely misinterpreted the source, for OCR history Modern World USA land of Freedom. I talked about how the sources showed that the Montgomery movement would go far and was start of a new era . I backed this up with my own knowledge saying how it was the first example of of non-violent direct action and how everyone needed to get involved also described the source, saying it was propaganda published by the movement . Whereas, the real message of the source was how everyone was working together, depicted by the car pools. I twas out of 6 marks; will i get any?
Do you know where the mark scheme for this is ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending