The Student Room Group

Planning foe english???

Hi, I am doing the AQA English GCSE tomorrow morning and like always I worry about the amount of time given and I always feel like it isn't enough. I write quite a lot for each question and in the mock exams I got an A and in the controlled assessments my overall grade was an A. I have never really been the type to write down a plan and have always made mental notes on what I am going to write. The teachers always talk about actually planning your work but I just ignore what they say. My question is does planning really help to better your grade?
Original post by bamzy123
Hi, I am doing the AQA English GCSE tomorrow morning and like always I worry about the amount of time given and I always feel like it isn't enough. I write quite a lot for each question and in the mock exams I got an A and in the controlled assessments my overall grade was an A. I have never really been the type to write down a plan and have always made mental notes on what I am going to write. The teachers always talk about actually planning your work but I just ignore what they say. My question is does planning really help to better your grade?

For Question 4, 5 and 6 I think planning is a good idea, otherwise it could end up just being a bit rambling and waffly. Particularly for Question 6 you want a plan because if you don't then you might not end up finishing properly and this could affect your marks as the ending might not match the form (e.g. letter, blog)!
Reply 2
Original post by examtime123
For Question 4, 5 and 6 I think planning is a good idea, otherwise it could end up just being a bit rambling and waffly. Particularly for Question 6 you want a plan because if you don't then you might not end up finishing properly and this could affect your marks as the ending might not match the form (e.g. letter, blog)!

Thanks for the help. Even though I checked this after the exam i did plan for question six. At least iI can feel reassured i did ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending