The Student Room Group

A-Level History Coursework: American Suffrage Movement

Hii, I've picked this as my coursework topic but I'm struggling to think of a question. My teacher said it could be along the lines of 'to what extent did the 15th amendment impact on the women's suffrage movement?' But I'm not entirely sure what I would write for that? Also I don't know which year to start from and finish at, it's got to be approximately 100 year span so if any of you could give me some ideas that would be amazing:smile:
Original post by crazysteve
Hii, I've picked this as my coursework topic but I'm struggling to think of a question. My teacher said it could be along the lines of 'to what extent did the 15th amendment impact on the women's suffrage movement?' But I'm not entirely sure what I would write for that? Also I don't know which year to start from and finish at, it's got to be approximately 100 year span so if any of you could give me some ideas that would be amazing:smile:

I would recommend you try and find an 'Access To History' book on the American Suffrage movement. It will cover the majority of the period if not the entire thing; excellent place to start. Those and the 'Very Short Introduction' series.
Reply 3
Original post by ivybridge
I would recommend you try and find an 'Access To History' book on the American Suffrage movement. It will cover the majority of the period if not the entire thing; excellent place to start. Those and the 'Very Short Introduction' series.

Oh my god thank you so much you lifesaver
Original post by crazysteve
Oh my god thank you so much you lifesaver

No worries, pal.

I think the 'Access To History' one is on British Suffrage but it might be worth getting it anyway to get your bearings. I think British Suffrage will be easier for you to source and work with, personally! However, you got to do what you've got to do and this book is an excellent starting point regardless because it tells you where to look and what things to look at; I'm sure it'll include things about the continent and America. At least then you can begin to know what lines of argument you are to make and what you're going to explore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending