The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
London and the South East - not all people, but they hold a complete disregard and criticise anybody that is from anywhere north of the Midlands.
Reply 21
FullyITFC
London and the South East - not all people, but they hold a complete disregard and criticise anybody that is from anywhere north of the Midlands.

I always find that really peculiar, people in the United States often poke fun at people from the south and its the complete opposite in the United Kingdom.
Reply 22
Yep London, we're a moody lot.

Well me and my mates love northern accents and people from ooooop nooorth! London and people from the south accents are soo plain and boring!
Reply 23
The rudest? From what I’ve heard it would be either Glasgow or London, but I’ve not really been to either place long enough to notice.
The nicest would have to be East Anglia. Can’t get better than the nice folks from Suffolk.

FullyITFC

I have to admit, that’s pretty true – most southerners criticise those from the north. But it’s only a bit of fun. :biggrin:
London but what do you expect - it's a major city globally as well as nationally and people are pretty busy! (not that it excuses their behaviour or anything)
rozzy
Yep London, we're a moody lot.

Well me and my mates love northern accents and people from ooooop nooorth! London and people from the south accents are soo plain and boring!

Then comes along a welsh person and totally screws you up :smile:

I've been to London several times and have always found it an alright place - people don't get out of their way to be friendly to you, but when you go up to them the vast majority are nice and willing to help out. I would imagine that living there would show the worst of anything.
Reply 26
My contact with Leicester locals has, on the whole been less than enamouring. London is the worst I can think of though.
Reply 27
London I find people think your invisible, rather than actual rudeness. However I have been in a car driving through Essex, and they were the rudest drivers. Not in language/ signs, just the manner of their driving. Sunderland people (where I'm from tend to be quite friendly, and Newcastle people too (unless they know I'm from Sunderland!); though you always get a few.

Latest