The Student Room Group

Exam Question Edexcel Maths GCSE Frustums and Square Based Pyramids

Hello...
I am posting this thread because I was doing an exam question and after I had done it I checked the answers and I appear to have got it wrong.

I will post my answer and working out and the marker's answer and working out. Please can you tell me where I have gone wrong. Thanks.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

My working out is the one on the right.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by acantwellhyde
Hello...
I am posting this thread because I was doing an exam question and after I had done it I checked the answers and I appear to have got it wrong.

I will post my answer and working out and the marker's answer and working out. Please can you tell me where I have gone wrong. Thanks.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

My working out is the one on the right.

Your volume for pyramid 2 is incorrect in your working. You have used 80+1380+\frac{1}{3} as the volume when it should be 803\frac{80}{3}, this is an error caused by writing the wrong figure down from the calculator as the rest of your working is correct and even the calculation to give the volume of pyramid 2 is correct.
Reply 2
Original post by Cryptokyo
Your volume for pyramid 2 is incorrect in your working. You have used 80+1380+\frac{1}{3} as the volume when it should be 803\frac{80}{3}, this is an error caused by writing the wrong figure down from the calculator as the rest of your working is correct and even the calculation to give the volume of pyramid 2 is correct.

Where have I used that? My working out is on the right hand side. (All hand drawn). It is the markscheme that uses 80 + 1/3 not me. ???
Original post by acantwellhyde
Where have I used that? My working out is on the right hand side. (All hand drawn). It is the markscheme that uses 80 + 1/3 not me. ???

Sorry got them mixed up. I get the same answer as you. I believe the error I was referencing is in the mark scheme/ model answer working. You are correct! What year paper is this?

Quick Reply

Latest