The Student Room Group

English Language Controlled assessment AQA

Hi guys,
I was wondering what I need to get in my English exam tomorrow for a B or A. My CA is 62/80 which is a B.
Original post by Warlita
Hi guys,
I was wondering what I need to get in my English exam tomorrow for a B or A. My CA is 62/80 which is a B.

An A overall is roughly 116 marks, so you would need to get about 54 marks in the exam to get an A overall. A B overall is 101, so you would need about 39 to get a B :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by examtime123
An A overall is roughly 116 marks, so you would need to get about 54 marks in the exam to get an A overall. A B overall is 101, so you would need about 39 to get a B :smile:

so 39/80 in the exam would get me a B
According to last years grade boundaries 62/80 = 92UMS/120

Thus 300 - 60 = 240 - 92 = 148UMS in Unit 1 exam and thus you need a raw mark of approximately: 52/53 (depending the grade boundaries stay the same)

IF an A* was to cross your mind you would need: 63 in the exam to retain 270/300 UMS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Warlita
so 39/80 in the exam would get me a B

Actually considering the exam is worth more than the coursework, you'd probably need a bit more, but not a lot (maybe mid-40s?)...
Reply 5
Hi guys I also do awa English language and I was just wondering how much I would need in my exam to get an A . I got 55 for CA and in the ums it is 83 points.also if u get 56 marks in the exam it would be equivalent to 159 ums points which is 242 which is an A. But other people have told me that I would need 61 marks in exam to get an A. So that's what I was confused about. Also does the speakin and listening count towards out CA or not because our teacher didn't specify.
Original post by examtime123

Please tell me how much is c please!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending