Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can I switch to another university and mention my progress?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have just finished my second year at university. Would it be possible to transfer to another university and do the same course, starting in third year?

    (Original post by RastaSalad)
    I have just finished my second year at university. Would it be possible to transfer to another university and do the same course, starting in third year?
    3rd year transfers are near on impossible, you could try and start 2nd year somewhere else but otherwise i cant think of a way you could do it apart from switching to open uni.

    Perhaps. Each uni has their own rules. I mean this politely - do some research of your own. This has been asked, and answered, many times and there's no point reinventing the wheel.

    Hey RastaSalad, it may well depend on the similarity between the course you have been doing to the course you want to study. You would apply for entry onto the third year, and would have to go through something like RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) to match things across. You may be made an offer for the third year, or the third year with some trailing modules, or second year, or even no offer at all.

    Do you know which University you want to transfer to?

    Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources


Freshers guidePreparing for universityGuide to Freshers' WeekCity and nightlife guidesAlcohol guide for freshersStaying safe at uniBudgeting and financeStudent foodTravel and getting aroundUniversity study tipsHow to write your dissertation in just four weeksA week in the life of a uni student

Sponsored features:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University

Discover more about this community-focused university

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick link:

Unanswered uni life threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.