The Student Room Group

How was the HISTORY exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza772000
Honestly, all I've done is learnt the mark schemes.:tongue: The most effective way to revise for this exam imo, cba learning the quotes.:smile:

OML I've done all the exam q's for the past 5 yrs for each topic, and now I'm doing a MASSIVE booklet to cover all the content, then I'ma go over the keywords, ur way sounds so painless bruhh. :frown:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
OML I've done all the exam q's for the past 5 yrs for each topic, and now I'm doing a MASSIVE booklet to cover all the content, then I'ma go over the keywords, ur way sounds so painless bruhh. :frown:
Haha, I've learnt all the key words and this exam is really flexible as at the bottom of the mark schemes it says other approaches are acceptable, which basically means even if you don't know anything you can blag your way through and the funniest thing I find is that one of the answers for almost every question is 'mentioned in the Qur'an,' and not to mention the questions are almost 'IDENTICAL' each year.:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by StandardBrain
oh, im doing edexcel and mine was ok :smile:

cold war right? The only thing that got me was the last question I wrote about significance but 'flashpoint' turns out to mean a 'place, event, or time at which violence or hostility flares up'. But overall it went really well :smile:
Haha, I've learnt all the key words and this exam is really flexible as at the bottom of the mark schemes it says other approaches are acceptable, which basically means even if you don't know anything you can blag your way through and the funniest thing I find is that one of the answers for almost every question is 'mentioned in the Qur'an,' and not to mention the questions are almost 'IDENTICAL' each year.:smile:

Oh great,so all my revision went to waste. So nice to hear, haha :tongue: Ty for the advice tho :wink:
Oh great,so all my revision went to waste. So nice to hear, haha :tongue: Ty for the advice tho :wink:
No revision goes to waste but in my school they focused more on how to tackle and manipulate the exam paper, if that makes sense so all we've been doing lately is just mark schemes which could be a risk, but it mostly isn't.
Another thing I do is(well anyone would), if I see a lengthy question, for example the step-by-step process of Hajj or the differences between Shi'as and Sunnis then I just answer the other question, if you know what I mean, you have a choice.
Did you do a unit 4 paper too?
Thank Youu! :smile: You're very kind. :wink: Good Luck to you too for any exam's you have left hun! :h:
Original post by Afsanax
cold war right? The only thing that got me was the last question I wrote about significance but 'flashpoint' turns out to mean a 'place, event, or time at which violence or hostility flares up'. But overall it went really well :smile:

Cold war was on that paper but I didn't learn about it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, so i didn't attempt it, I think ive least hit a 50 marks out of 60 on this paper because the questions were easier than the mock I did and I felt much more flexible during this examination, hope all your exams go well, I have 7 exams left and ive done 13 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 27
I have an english exam tomorrow, anyone else got it?

yep. What are you doing? I'm doing To Kill A Mockingbird
No revision goes to waste but in my school they focused more on how to tackle and manipulate the exam paper, if that makes sense so all we've been doing lately is just mark schemes which could be a risk, but it mostly isn't.
Another thing I do is(well anyone would), if I see a lengthy question, for example the step-by-step process of Hajj or the differences between Shi'as and Sunnis then I just answer the other question, if you know what I mean, you have a choice.

Yup, the past paper q's for 5 years, for these topics:
- Beliefs and Values (Topic1)
- Community and Tradition (Topic2)
- Worship and Celebration (Topic3)
- Living The Muslim Life (Topic4)

Thank You, & Good Luck for Tomorow!
How ironic tho, we are gonaa be fasting tomorow and then we gonaa be writing about Islam, and maybe the significance of fasting in Ramadan LOL :smile:
Didn't really like the AQA exam that much tbh - waffled my way through the entire thing :redface:
Reply 30
Cold war was on that paper but I didn't learn about it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, so i didn't attempt it, I think ive least hit a 50 marks out of 60 on this paper because the questions were easier than the mock I did and I felt much more flexible during this examination, hope all your exams go well, I have 7 exams left and ive done 13 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

thank you!!! I've got 10 left :s-smilie: good luck in the rest of your exams :five::biggrin:

Im Sunni :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, I did my RS exam 2 weeks ago, I did:
-> Religion and Morality
-> Religion and Early Life
-> Religion and the Elderly
-> Religion and Crime Punishment
-> Religion and Drug Use
-> Religion and War
-> Religion and Animal Rights
-> Religion and Prejudice
2 exams, 4 topics on each :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Yup, the past paper q's for 5 years, for these topics:
- Beliefs and Values (Topic1)
- Community and Tradition (Topic2)
- Worship and Celebration (Topic3)
- Living The Muslim Life (Topic4)

Thank You, & Good Luck for Tomorow!
How ironic tho, we are gonaa be fasting tomorow and then we gonaa be writing about Islam, and maybe the significance of fasting in Ramadan LOL :smile:
I have a rather embarrassing confession, I may not be fasting.:frown: My brain just doesn't function whe I'm hungry, I'll make up for it afterwards if I don't.
Good Luck to you too.:smile:
I have an english exam tomorrow, anyone else got it?

I do! Aqa English Lang?
Im Sunni :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, I did my RS exam 2 weeks ago, I did:
-> Religion and Morality
-> Religion and Early Life
-> Religion and the Elderly
-> Religion and Crime Punishment
-> Religion and Drug Use
-> Religion and War
-> Religion and Animal Rights
-> Religion and Prejudice
2 exams, 4 topics on each :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
What exam board?
Original post by KAK123
yep. What are you doing? I'm doing To Kill A Mockingbird

Higher English paper: Of Mice and Men and Writing a ... <- unexpected task.
what exam board?

aqa :d :d :d
Did anyone else do medicine through time?
I have a rather embarrassing confession, I may not be fasting.:frown: My brain just doesn't function whe I'm hungry, I'll make up for it afterwards if I don't.
Good Luck to you too.:smile:

Hope your exams go well, Happy Ramadan!
about as bad as medievel public health...

Quick Reply

Latest