The Student Room Group

Prom?!

Exams are soon to be over and proms coming...

What is everyone doing for prom?

If your not going why not?
If you are that's great, have a good time.

Anyway I don't know if i should go to prom, I'm having mixed feelings.
One moment I don't want to go because I don't like certain people. But then its the last time with all these people the ones I like and those that i don't.

Is anyone feeling the same?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tangareen

If you are thats great, have a good time.

One moment I don't want to go because I don't like certain people. But then its the last time with all these people the ones I like and those that i don't.

I'm not going because i'm going away and there is no point to even go to prom. It's one night and plus i don't even like half of the people in my school - they are so judgmental. I will miss some people though but not all :smile: So i wouldn't anyways. It's your opinion really !!
Reply 2
I know what you mean there's a lot of people I don't like but forget them and think about it like it might be the last time you'll be with the people you do like.
It's extremely overrated but to be honest I don't know what I'd do instead because everyone else will be there, so might as well go.
Reply 3
Original post by nisha.sri
I'm not going because i'm going away and there is no point to even go to prom. It's one night and plus i don't even like half of the people in my school - they are so judgmental. I will miss some people though but not all :smile: So i wouldn't anyways. It's your opinion really !!

I feel exactly the same about the people in my school, people nowadays judge to much. And there is a handful of people that i can go see at other times.

I'm glad that i am not the only one that has reasons like this about not going.
Reply 4

Go to prom, it's probably going to fun. :smile: I'm going to prom.
bruh have you never watched how i met your mother?:colone:
I have had my prom, I didn't think I would enjoy it but it was amazing (exclude the over priced crap food + drinks) Go!
I'm going but not massively excited for it. For some reason we had a prom at the end of year 11 and it wasn't great so my expectations this time round aren't high either. I'm expecting it to be much the same, but with alcohol. Alcohol and dancing are my least favourite things so as you can imagine, prom wasn't exactly made for me.
Reply 8
Not going to my prom however i am distributing fake tickets to my schools prom at a discount price
Reply 9
Not going due to the fact some people i just do not like, and it's too overrated and kinda waste of money, also it's just an american thing, i take the fun of it and call it a silly fashion, fortune show :biggrin: plus our prom seems like it's gonna be kinda ballsy this year. So yeah. Was gonna go at first though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by samm98
I know what you mean there's a lot of people I don't like but forget them and think about it like it might be the last time you'll be with the people you do like.
It's extremely overrated but to be honest I don't know what I'd do instead because everyone else will be there, so might as well go.

I think the same about that too, see I'm all mixed up...
But don't you feel like if you go, your going to have to go looking your best, with your outfit and car. And people will still be there trying to say things? Sometimes to be honest I think its a lot of effort.

I don't know if you know what I mean :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by mero22
Go to prom, it's probably going to fun. :smile: I'm going to prom.

I feel like it's getting to late to plan what car I go in and what I wear.
Have you got that all planned?
Reply 12
Original post by drogon
Not going to my prom however i am distributing fake tickets to my schools prom at a discount price

Lolll really?!
Why are you not going?
exact same feeling with me, i was going to go at first but one of my close friends were going on holiday, and most of my other close friends agreed these points up here ^. Also the 'last time' of seeing them can be at our leavers assembly anyway.
Reply 14
I feel like it's getting to late to plan what car I go in and what I wear.
Have you got that all planned?

Yes... You could also order online in exams are in the way
Reply 15
Lolll really?!
Why are you not going?

Yeah, im surprised im not caught
i go to a boys school and the girls school that the prom is doing it are all so frigid and only ever talk about studies, its boring asf

I'm going to prom and I'm acc super excited tbh. It's the last time I'll get to be with my friends who I've known for 5 years, it's a chance to dress up and have some fun. I don't like certain people as well but I'm still going because I don't have to be with them, instead I can spend the time with my friends.
Reply 17
We've got them people that are planning for it. To be honest what i've heard so far, doesn't sound a bit exciting. So i understand where your coming from with that.
Also the thing with me is that a few of my close friends are going and want me to go too.
Reply 18
Original post by B3ASTy
exact same feeling with me, i was going to go at first but one of my close friends were going on holiday, and most of my other close friends agreed these points up here ^. Also the 'last time' of seeing them can be at our leavers assembly anyway.

My leavers assemblys already happened, but proms in July.
Reply 19
I think the same about that too, see I'm all mixed up...
But don't you feel like if you go, your going to have to go looking your best, with your outfit and car. And people will still be there trying to say things? Sometimes to be honest I think its a lot of effort.

I don't know if you know what I mean :smile:

Yeah I'll want to look my best and I'll go in a suite but forget the flashy car I'm just going in one my my mate's standard ones.
At the end of the day it's really not that deep lol tbh I don't really care that much if people did care what I looked like, though I doubt they will, because I won't be seeing most of them again anyway 😂.
I would honestly go if I were you, think you might regret it because everyone else will be out, but it's completely up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest