The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE paper - Tips for A/A*

Anyone have Any A/A* tips for the GSCE English exam tommorow?
No matter what, finish the exam paper.
Managing your timing is key :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Halimah_1
Anyone have Any A/A* tips for the GSCE English exam tommorow?

This
[video="youtube;uolO09XrLMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uolO09XrLMQ[/video]
Reply 3
Well if you are aqa spend
Section A
12 minutes on question 1
12 minutes on question 2
12 minutes on question 3
24 minutes on question 4

Section B
24 minutes on question 5
36 minutes on question 6

Personally i find doing section b first much easier as it is more easier to manage time
Reply 4
Original post by 90210123
Well if you are aqa spend
Section A
12 minutes on question 1
12 minutes on question 2
12 minutes on question 3
24 minutes on question 4

Section B
24 minutes on question 5
36 minutes on question 6

Personally i find doing section b first much easier as it is more easier to manage time

I prefer to do section A first and then do question 6 then 5 as I find it much easier that way. Is there any other techniques that could be placed in section B to secure a high grade?.
Section B also lets you write what you want to write, and you don't have to pickup what they want. So really you should ensure that section B is interesting for an extremely bored examiner who is pretty tired of the same old stories and arguments. Make yours stand out, but don't write about being chased by a group of primary school kids with chain saws, as they aren't all fun people...

I could do with some help for Question 4 as It's the hardest one in Section A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by WillsWheels
Section B also lets you write what you want to write, and you don't have to pickup what they want. So really you should ensure that section B is interesting for an extremely bored examiner who is pretty tired of the same old stories and arguments. Make yours stand out, but don't write about being chased by a group of primary school kids with chain saws, as they aren't all fun people...

I could do with some help for Question 4 as It's the hardest one in Section A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 4 is easy if you understand that you are only comparing language techniques. So firstly pick a technique used in 1 source and analyse why it is being used and the effect on the reader. Then you pick the same technique in the other source and analyse why it is being used and the effect of the reader. The only comparison that is being done is that they are both same the same technique.
Thanks for that, I think you also include some information in what's different and how + why a technique is being used

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you link the headline to the text without analysing the text in question 2? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending