The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sally.7
Hi, do you remember the equation for question one (e.g the fraction that had to be split) OR the two separate fractions that then had to be used for the binomial please? I just want to have a go at it again! Thank you!

(19x-3)/(1+2x)(3-4x)
q.4 part a was 4 marks, hope that helps
Original post by tanyapotter
they'll be low but that low?

The June 2011 paper which wasn't as hard as today's paper, was 51 for an A in C4.
Anyone remember the question 3 with the sin = 1/root5 thing, what was the wuestion and what angles were we given?
Original post by FluorescentM
The June 2011 paper which wasn't as hard as today's paper, was 51 for an A in C4.

yeah but thats like 5 years ago... things have changed
Reply 745
Original post by bencurnow
1)

C = (0, 10/3, -5/3) D = (4, -10/3, -1/3)

omg i got C but i scribbled it out LOL...
Original post by omarharoun3
none, i did that too, i stated that costheta is 13/35 and then found theta

Yep, on the mark scheme there will be a line with costheta=..... and ISW (ignore subsequent working) next to it. So if they see costheta=... they give you the marks.
How many marks would be lost if you got lambda=1 and mu=-1/2? I'm thinking my simultaneous equations are probably slightly wrong becuse I missed a sign somewhere. Luckily I subbed in my lambda for the point of intersection though
Original post by Salty carpet
How many marks would be lost if you got lambda=1 and mu=-1/2? I'm thinking my simultaneous equations are probably slightly wrong becuse I missed a sign somewhere. Luckily I subbed in my lambda for the point of intersection though

Pretty sure I got the same values as you and I can't see where we would've gone wrong, as I went over this again and again and my equations all worked out with these values

Just trying to have hope..

June 2014 was 59 for an A* and I believe this paper was more challenging.
Reply 751
wasn't it 99.6 degrees and 206.4 degrees to find cos x ??
Original post by FluorescentM
Just trying to have hope..

sorry, didnt meant to sound rude
What was question 3 i cant remmeber it :frown:
Reply 755
anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for it
Original post by steph-carys
Pretty sure I got the same values as you and I can't see where we would've gone wrong, as I went over this again and again and my equations all worked out with these values

Wait I got that too. Are people saying its wrong?
Original post by BioStudentx
Wait I got that too. Are people saying its wrong?

It looked like some people got other values for lambda :/ unless I'm getting confused with questions haha
Original post by steph-carys
It looked like some people got other values for lambda :/ unless I'm getting confused with questions haha

I'm pretty sure I got those values too. I subbed both my lambda and mu into all three simultaneous equations and they all worked so I think we're right.
Plus my coordinates seem to match the unofficial mark schemes scattered about

Lol, people are still making these even if the exam is easy.

jk. I didn't even attempt the differential question.

Quick Reply

Latest