The Student Room Group

I've been accused of bullying and feel it unfair

I made a meme on Facebook yesterday as I tried to viral, and it was a picture of Dumbo with the words 'tag a friend who looks like an elephant'. I tagged in 5 people from university and a couple from my job to help get it going. I did put the 😂 icon so they it was only lighthearted, but all the post did was get nearly 300 of those silly 'angry' reactions and a load of shares accusing me of bullying. I've also now received abuse via PM. Facebook have given me a warning now and taken it down. Can I take it further as I have the messages that people sent me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was pretty rude to do it in the first place tho lol
Sometimes things don't work out like you thought they would.

I'd just apologize and mention your intentions, and tag the same people in there.

Then move on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BristolFresher15
Sometimes things don't workout like you thought they would.

I'd just apologize and mention your intentions, and tag the same people in there.

Then move on.

Yeah this is the best way to go about it, sometimes you just need to to swallow your pride regardless of whether you thought you were in the wrong or not.
This is one of those times.

Don't make a fuss or or lose your cool because you'll get a ton more hate for it.
Reply 4
Were they your close friends? Friends even? If they were then I don't see why they'd get angry cause friends make jokes like that. But if they weren't then they have every right to be angry. Tbh you should just apologise and move on with life. Learn from your mistakes and never do that again.
Original post by floury
I made a meme on Facebook yesterday as I tried to viral, and it was a picture of Dumbo with the words 'tag a friend who looks like an elephant'. I tagged in 5 people from university and a couple from my job to help get it going. I did put the 😂 icon so they it was only lighthearted, but all the post did was get nearly 300 of those silly 'angry' reactions and a load of shares accusing me of bullying. I've also now received abuse via PM. Facebook have given me a warning now and taken it down. Can I take it further as I have the messages that people sent me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let this be a lesson to you. Sadly, subtle humour or irony doesn't really work online. It is also worth noting that you can say a dozen nice things about someone but it only takes one negative thing to undo all the positive.

I think bullying is a bit much, but your goal was purely selfish (you wanted to start a viral post) but I think you chose the wrong tack. Better luck next time. My mantra is that if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.
Original post by floury
Can I take it further as I have the messages that people sent me?
Posted from TSR Mobile

How much further do you want to take it? the police a claim for compensation?
Counter report their accounts for something more serious such as extremism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending