The Student Room Group

Exam experience vs exam outcome

Hi everyone, as a year 11 doing his final GCSE'S, I was wanting to ask those who have done them in the past how they felt while in the exam hall compared to their result. For example did they feel really bad in the exam and got a bad grade? I'm asking this as while i have walked into the sports hall being positive and smiling while most have cowered in negativity, I feel I haven't done well enough in the exam based on how I felt after the test due to my performance . I just fear the this bad feeling after the test and hindsight may reflect the grade I achieve...
I seem to remember I had a bad feeling following every single one of my exams and admittedly came out with excellent results. I even cried after some exams, including religious studies, and I got A*s. It's easier said than done, I know, but try not to concern yourself with it too much, nothing can be changed and you must wait until August to find out how it went. Of course, it's nice to do amazingly but at the end of the day, if you have a few decent grades including maths and English Lang, you'll be fine.
People often seem to do better than they believed they would have. Don't forget grade boundaries are adjusted as well, so if you found the exam hard is possible many others did and the boundaries will, therefore, be lowered. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending