The Student Room Group

Missed my AS level exam?

Ok. So. This may be a bit triggering I'm not sure but I'll put a warning here just in case. Or basically: TLDR, got way too depressed/suicidal, did stupid stuff, missed exam next morning. Help.

The night before I basically had a massive breakdown, I've had a history with mental illness and still have it but this time I felt out of control. I downed cough medicine and had some paracetamol (the slightest bit of paracetamol will most likely kill me due to past OD's, go me!) and hurt myself REALLY badly. I woke up at about 10am the next morning. automatically thought 'sh*t'.

This is my ICT AS level, and there's two modules to this. I've looked up everywhere what happens if I miss an exam but everyone was talking about it purposely, I just felt I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it if I actually went in to do it. I don't have a doctor's note either and I'm typing this at 12:30am lol.

Does anyone have any advice? You can tell me I'm stupid for doing this but idk. Mental health over exams for me personally.
You therefore have subsequently failed in that subject. If you think exams are stressful, think again.
Reply 2
I would suggest talking to your first point of contact in the school, a House master/Forum teacher. alternatively you could speak to the exam officer. with a history of mental illness i presume that you have spoken to a doctor at some point in the past, in such a case visiting them again they can help by sending a letter to the exam board to try and seek special arrangements.
Reply 3
Original post by wjllow
Ok. So. This may be a bit triggering I'm not sure but I'll put a warning here just in case. Or basically: TLDR, got way too depressed/suicidal, did stupid stuff, missed exam next morning. Help.

The night before I basically had a massive breakdown, I've had a history with mental illness and still have it but this time I felt out of control. I downed cough medicine and had some paracetamol (the slightest bit of paracetamol will most likely kill me due to past OD's, go me!) and hurt myself REALLY badly. I woke up at about 10am the next morning. automatically thought 'sh*t'.

This is my ICT AS level, and there's two modules to this. I've looked up everywhere what happens if I miss an exam but everyone was talking about it purposely, I just felt I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it if I actually went in to do it. I don't have a doctor's note either and I'm typing this at 12:30am lol.

Does anyone have any advice? You can tell me I'm stupid for doing this but idk. Mental health over exams for me personally.

Hey, dont worry about it! did you call school? I was off last year with the flu and missed my biology AS, My mum called school and they just assessed my grade from past papers, coursework ect and worked out what i would have got. (i got a U but heyho!)
Reply 4
Original post by Pablo Picasso
You therefore have subsequently failed in that subject. If you think exams are stressful, think again.

This wasn't due to school. I'm absolutely fine in school, events happened beforehand to me that a normal 17 year old wouldn't have to experience. That on top of crippling depression leads to a massive breakdown. 😅
Reply 5
Yeah, overdosing 3 times on paracetamol and being unsuccessful every time leads to some pretty unfortunate liver problems :P I think I just had the cough medicine in a spur of the moment thing, all it did was make me feel a bit off my face 😂

Quick Reply

Latest