The Student Room Group

why the **** are so many students here soo rascist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nayzar
Lets add destructive criticism to the list of alternative words/phrases then...

If you think Islam is this and that, criticising it doesnt improve it does it? All you do by criticising is hurt people's feelings, theres nothing to be gained from it. This is many people's way of life. by insulting that, you are insulting them.

Because I can post whatever the hell I want? I really don't care if their feelings are hurt, they should grow a tougher skin. Their religion is not perfect and it's okay for people to point out things that we think are wrong, and if they are easily offended then they should refrain from clicking on the thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 81
Oh the irony of you calling people racists and then asking them to be respectful.

Interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loveleest
Because I can post whatever the hell I want? I really don't care if their feelings are hurt, they should grow a tougher skin. Their religion is not perfect and it's okay for people to point out things that we think are wrong, and if they are easily offended then they should refrain from clicking on the thread.

By all means, posting a thread with your criticism on Islam is your right. However, going to say the Ramadan thread which is made by Muslims and posting why you think it's wrong etc is disrespectful.

They did not watch or click on the thread to see criticism on Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
I am fairly certain a similar percentage would be found amongst Catholics. People are free to believe whatever they want and should not be discriminated against for that.

First off, no, according to this data: http://www.brin.ac.uk/2014/roman-catholics-attitudes-towards-homosexuality/ only 10% of Catholics disagree with homosexuality, and of that 10% only 2% feel strongly about the issue. Far from the majority of British Muslims that believe homosexuality should be illegal. Do you really think it's okay that 63% of British Muslims believe that? Really?

Original post by oShahpo
I personally believe that everyone who says classical music is boring should be sent to Mars without food, I am sure this is an unacceptable belief but no one has the right to judge me based on what I think.

I absolutely have the right to judge people on what they think. "No one has to right to judge me" - are you serious? Islam has no right to have some kind of protected status from criticism. If people have the right to believe what they want then I have every right to believe that Islam is a toxic religion.

I just want to reinstate that I don't think Muslims are bad people, I think Islam as a religion is not in line with British values. Islam has a serious problem with homosexuality and women's rights and people like you seem to just ignore the issues and say "but you can't judge them for what they believe". Well no, I am perfectly able to judge them for their beliefs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 84

Thats the root of the problem: not caring what others feel. Im happy you pointed that out bc it shows a lot of people have a lack of empathy. I agree u have the right to say whatever u want. But I ask you and others to be considerate. Let feminists be feminist, let muslims be muslim, etc.
You might be thinking that goes the other way: islamophobes should be allowed to be islamophobic, homophobes should be allowed to be homophobic. Thats true you have the right to say what you want, but please be considerate of the people you are attacking. There is no reason to spead hate, no matter what your reasons for hating are. Hope that makes sense

Thank God there is someone else on here who isn't just another "Islam should never be criticised their religion is perfect and has no flaws" drone...
Original post by Nayzar
Thats the root of the problem: not caring what others feel. Im happy you pointed that out bc it shows a lot of people have a lack of empathy. I agree u have the right to say whatever u want. But I ask you and others to be considerate. Let feminists be feminist, let muslims be muslim, etc.
You might be thinking that goes the other way: islamophobes should be allowed to be islamophobic, homophobes should be allowed to be homophobic. Thats true you have the right to say what you want, but please be considerate of the people you are attacking. There is no reason to spead hate, no matter what your reasons for hating are. Hope that makes sense

How are you comparing to criticising a religion to homophobia/racism? It's two different things completely. In the debate section, we get to debate with them. Now if we insulted Muslims then that would be different. There is nothing wrong with picking parts of a religion and then arguing against it if we disagree with it.

FFS repped your post accidentally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
How are you comparing to criticising a religion to homophobia/racism? It's two different things completely. In the debate section, we get to debate with them. Now if we insulted Muslims then that would be different. There is nothing wrong with picking parts of a religion and then arguing against it if we disagree with it.

FFS repped your post accidentally.

Hahaha why wt thank you. Its fine to pick parts and say why you don't agree with them - just don't do it aggressively!
My issue isn't with people who pick parts out of the quran and question Muslims on it, because that means they've done research and want justification for what they find. My issue is with those who either do that aggressively or with little knowledge of the religion. My issue is with those who "don't care if their feelings are hurt"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
This issue isn't just with islam but it's most prominent with islam the main point here is about hate. Let's say I don't agree with what a feminist says, so what? I can try and question her to see why she believes what she believes but if i see she's convinced in her ideas then ill just leave here to her own opinion. Just like you have freedom of speech, others should have the right to hold beliefs without constantly getting aggression hurled at them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Limerence.
For them to integrate in today's society they must discard their beliefs and date non Muslim men. Really?

We all have our preferences. If I left to go to a country where the age of consent is much lower than the UK, must I "integrate into their society" by discarding my beliefs and get with underage women too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well now were at the core of the problem. islam isn't compatible with a modern society. its a barbaric religion that promotes "peace" via condemning anyone who isn't muslim.
Reply 90
Original post by lascelles101
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

How ironic. That is exactly what is happening in Islamic countries...

"Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

Islam is not an ideology that is compatible with what we stand for. And no matter how many Muslims on here, born here, may protest they are not like that and Islam is not like that, etc. just look at those countries and you see what it is like if it gets a say in cultural norms and values.

I would have problems living in Christian country 500 years ago, but that was then. Sadly Islam is stuck in the past when raping little girls was acceptable and minorities could be persecuted.
Islams main problem is the fact in never went through a reformation period. It's funny seeing Islam used to be a pretty tolerant religion, however since the 12th century free thought in Islam and none Islamic philosophy has been stifled. You now have a religion that for the last 700 years or so become ever increasingly more rigid, defensive and xenophobic itself. It's unable to react and evolve with the modern world along the lines of many of the worlds other major religions and we now have the point where Muslim Moderates (as in the western definition of moderates) are increasingly segregated from their own communities.

Western Society in theory is all about embracing free thought and equality within gender, religion or ethnicity and Islam in it's current state is pretty incompatible with that. If you went back around 800 years it would ironically be much more compatible than Islam is in it's current state.

Then you get the fact most Muslims, even those who view themselves as moderates, will never admit that because Islam never has or never will change in their eyes. Hell you even have Muslim scholars lynched by their own students when they radiocarbon and scan old Islamic texts and release their findings.
The secret to getting rep on TSR:

Make a thread about how horrible we are to Muslims (who are all such lovely, innocent people who feel hurt when their beliefs are maliciously attacked by mean, nasty wacists) and how misinformed we are about the religion of peace, because you're a nice guy who wants us all to get along, right?

Nah, buddy. Islam is not a race and critique of Islam is not a manifestation of an irrational phobia. "So many" students aren't "so racist." Get over yourself. I know a rep whore when I see one.
Original post by Dandaman1

Make a thread about how horrible we are to Muslims (who are all such lovely, innocent people who feel hurt when their beliefs are maliciously attacked by mean, nasty wacists) and how misinformed we are about the religion of peace, because you're a nice guy who wants us all to get along, right?

Nah, buddy. Islam is not a race and critique of Islam is not a manifestation of an irrational phobia. "So many" students aren't "so racist." Get over yourself. I know a rep whore when I see one.

islam is good, give me rep
Reply 94
Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT try to HURT PEOPLE,

Fixed. Nobody's perfect
Original post by Dandaman1

actually all I want to do is to raise the issue, if it not raised then how will people understand that they are wrong??
Original post by DanB1991
Islams main problem is the fact in never went through a reformation period. It's funny seeing Islam used to be a pretty tolerant religion, however since the 12th century free thought in Islam and none Islamic philosophy has been stifled. You now have a religion that for the last 700 years or so become ever increasingly more rigid, defensive and xenophobic itself. It's unable to react and evolve with the modern world along the lines of many of the worlds other major religions and we now have the point where Muslim Moderates (as in the western definition of moderates) are increasingly segregated from their own communities.

Western Society in theory is all about embracing free thought and equality within gender, religion or ethnicity and Islam in it's current state is pretty incompatible with that. If you went back around 800 years it would ironically be much more compatible than Islam is in it's current state.

Then you get the fact most Muslims, even those who view themselves as moderates, will never admit that because Islam never has or never will change in their eyes. Hell you even have Muslim scholars lynched by their own students when they radiocarbon and scan old Islamic texts and release their findings.

you are a smart person, ths is a good balanced view, hoever I go to a sch in sth London where the minority of students are actually white. many of my friends are muslims and nearly all of them admit that islam is abit outdated
Original post by jwstarfish
First off, no, according to this data: http://www.brin.ac.uk/2014/roman-catholics-attitudes-towards-homosexuality/ only 10% of Catholics disagree with homosexuality, and of that 10% only 2% feel strongly about the issue. Far from the majority of British Muslims that believe homosexuality should be illegal. Do you really think it's okay that 63% of British Muslims believe that? Really?

I absolutely have the right to judge people on what they think. "No one has to right to judge me" - are you serious? Islam has no right to have some kind of protected status from criticism. If people have the right to believe what they want then I have every right to believe that Islam is a toxic religion.

I just want to reinstate that I don't think Muslims are bad people, I think Islam as a religion is not in line with British values. Islam has a serious problem with homosexuality and women's rights and people like you seem to just ignore the issues and say "but you can't judge them for what they believe". Well no, I am perfectly able to judge them for their beliefs.

regarding the homosexual issue, if you go to many African or Caribbean counties, being homosexual is illegal, and I know from accounts that homosexuals will get beaten up if they are found practising it
Reply 98
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

So to protect them you propose to infringe on article 10 - freedom of expression, 11 - freedom of assembly.
Maybe people should stop trying to abolish freedom of expression just because someone disagrees with them as it is arguably the most important human right.
Original post by joecphillips
So to protect them you propose to infringe on article 10 - freedom of expression, 11 - freedom of assembly.
Maybe people should stop trying to abolish freedom of expression just because someone disagrees with them as it is arguably the most important human right.

yes but freedom of expression should not infringe on other rights

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending