The Student Room Group

Women's lives incomplete without children.

Just read it on the news about some president saying that womens lives are deficient and incomplete without children. If women are unnatural for not having kids or a family then what about men. Both male and female bodies are designed to help to make children women could obviously not have them without men. Both also are built to have roles in the rearing process i.e women are built to nurture/care for and men are built to provide for and protect their children and family. These traditional roles overlap too females will show aggression and strength to protect the child and males will help with the caring role. So I always think it's a bit of a put down/shaming tactic when people say it's just women who are unnatural/incomplete without children yet it's not the case for men, it also devalues men in a way.
I hate it when people reduce humans to just bare biology akin to animals, because although we too are animals we are highly intelligent and have arguably transcended 'biological' roles long ago. That president is talking ****. Bet it was Erdogan.
Was it a president of a big brother type state with regressive laws by any chance? Because I'd be surprised if he was of a civil westernised country.

Some people just seem to have no idea what year we're living in, and that people have the right to make different life choices that may not adhere to the 'biological norm'.
Reply 3
I think it was the president of Turkey.
Backward idiot - sexism aside, the worst thing someone in power could possibly do at the moment is encourage people to have more children.
Regardless of gender roles and what the traditions are, I agree in the sense that I believe that the father should be as equally important in the care of a child as the mother. It is admittedly a bit of a shady subject. :tongue: I believe that it is extremely unfair to lay the responsibilities wholly with the mother though.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Just read it on the news about some president saying that womens lives are deficient and incomplete without children. .

This is true.

Women are self-absorbed visceral creatures. Children are the only things that make them get their chit together and think about something other than just satisfying their whims and impulses.

Also, lol at your muddled logic. How does not having kids devalue men?... Women's biological purpose is to be baby receptacles. If they dont even do that, what are they good for?
Original post by Nidhoggr
This is true.

Women are self-absorbed visceral creatures. Children are the only things that make them get their chit together and think about something other than just satisfying their whims and impulses.

Also, lol at your muddled logic. How does not having kids devalue men?... Women's biological purpose is to be baby receptacles. If they dont even do that, what are they good for?

Lol same with men, kids get them to think of things other than themselves, beer and football. What are women good for? Working, volunteering (statistically most volunteers are middle aged women) and a million other things.
Original post by pizzaprincess
... Bet it was Erdogan.

:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending