The Student Room Group

UCAS clearing

I am going to uni in September and have a firm and insurance choice. I am wanting to go away the weekend after results day so I would be out of internet access from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. If I have to go through clearing does this mean that I will miss out on the places left at the good unis?
I can't find anywhere whether the Unis will be open and taking calls during the weekend or not. Does anyone know?
Also what time does clearing open on results day?
And is it a 9-5 thing or is it open 24/7?
Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by Nellie1998
I am going to uni in September and have a firm and insurance choice. I am wanting to go away the weekend after results day so I would be out of internet access from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. If I have to go through clearing does this mean that I will miss out on the places left at the good unis?
I can't find anywhere whether the Unis will be open and taking calls during the weekend or not. Does anyone know?
Thanks for any help

You wouldn't say "I want to buy Heinz beans so what are the opening hours of the supermarket?", and in the same way asking for the opening hours of Clearing is nonsense. Different unis have different opening times, or you could go online and do your shopping there - you can visit a uni website whenever you like.
Original post by Nellie1998
Thanks for any help

Some universities will be open over clearing weekend (although admissions staff will all have been working the weekend before so by the weekend after results people start to get quite frazzled).

Most clearing places are now sorted by the weekend (but not all - a good number of applicants are kept waiting by their firm/insurance universities).

One key clearing activity on the weekend after results is looking for accommodation. Clearing applicants will often use the weekend to visit the town/city they want to move to, meet possible housemates and get a good feel for different housing areas.

If you can avoid going away for that weekend I would strongly recommend it. Unless you're happy with falling back on a gap year if things don't work out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending