Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University accommodation or the private sector?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have been looking into both University owned and the private accommodation and was wondering which has a better party life, and also is it worth going to the University accommodation because of the residents life? Do you get any more benefits from being in the university accommodation which you can't get from the university itself?

    As a first year University halls are often the best place to meet new friends and have an active social life but Sheffield nightlife is pretty easy to join in wherever you live. Though often university halls of residence will be more expensive than privately owned accommodation. Hope this helps!

    I think I'm going for private halls. The ones I'm looking at for Liverpool are literally on campus, much cheaper and have better facilities. You're also guaranteed to get the accommodation you want.

    If you're a first year, you definitely want to go into uni owned halls. It makes meeting new people and making friends a whole lot easier. Unis also target their own uni halls with welcome activities to help everyone settle in well
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.