The Student Room Group

Any thoughts on today's English AQA exam?

Personally didn't like the sources, couldn't find as many techniques as the ones from past years. Am I the only one? :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I actually preferred section B, especially question 5 :smile:
Original post by check.mate
Personally didn't like the sources, couldn't find as many techniques as the ones from past years. Am I the only one? :/

I literally only used one or two techniques too so don't worry about tit, it's mainly your analysis. Anybody could say something's a metaphor :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TheNerdxP
I literally only used one or two techniques too so don't worry about tit, it's mainly your analysis. Anybody could say something's a metaphor :smile:

oh okay, that's good then :smile:
I found the sources hard; in the first one I didn't know what deprived meant and source 3 I thought she was watching a boat drown 😂

oh okay, that's good then :smile:

For God's sake! I apologise for that dreadful typo! That exam broke me.
Original post by Halimah_1
I found the sources hard; in the first one I didn't know what deprived meant and source 3 I thought she was watching a boat drown 😂

Wait, she was in a boat right?!
Reply 7

Hold up, I thought the writer was a boy! :frown:

i thought the writer was a boy aswell before i realized it wasn't lmao
Reply 9
The writer was a boy. He referred to the boat as 'she' I think. When it said that 'she was turning'. Or at least that's what I wrote in my answer.
Yes he was in the boat. At first I had written she and then tannkfully I realised it was a male.

Oh! I'm not sure it might have been, it never said "he" or "she" though so I presume it wouldn't really matter considering they know you're on a timer. I suppose I just assumed it was a girl? It might have been a boy?
It was written by Francis Chichester. Francis is the male spelling of Frances. And for some reason, boats are referred to as 'she'. Hope this helps.
Reply 13
Original post by lovetoast
It was written by Francis Chichester. Francis is the male spelling of Frances. And for some reason, boats are referred to as 'she'. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I noticed how he referred to the boat as 'she'.
Reply 14
Oh! I'm not sure it might have been, it never said "he" or "she" though so I presume it wouldn't really matter considering they know you're on a timer. I suppose I just assumed it was a girl? It might have been a boy?

Yeah, probably
Same!! hopefully wont lose marks :smile:
Reply 16

OMG it was a SHE i didn't even read the first name i just saw Chechincha or something and wrote he all throughout the exam. Is this bad?
Reply 17

Same is this bad??
The writer was a a he - the description of the excerpt said it was by Francis Chichester about sailing on his yacht..I doubt it'll matter to the examiners though.
I wrote she throughout the exam,isn't the writer a male? Would I get marked downnn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending