The Student Room Group

AQA AS Politics GovP2 09/06/16 Official Thread

Its happening lads. What are you revising? I'm doing Parliament and Constitution/judiciary.

Any essay predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm doing the same and I feel so not confident
Reply 2
What are your predictions for the 25 markers?
Reply 3
Original post by rabiahhh
What are your predictions for the 25 markers?

I hope the 25 marker on the constitution is on the constitution and NOT the judiciary. For against codified or evaluating reforms.

For parliament something like how well it performs its functions.
Using your own knowledge as well as the extract, identify and explain two ways in whichMPs in Parliament ‘articulate the interests of different groups in society to government’.

Any help?
Reply 5
Original post by govandpolitics
Using your own knowledge as well as the extract, identify and explain two ways in whichMPs in Parliament ‘articulate the interests of different groups in society to government’.

Any help?

All i can think of are PMBs.. What does the extract say?
Reply 6
Judiciary came up the last 2 years so lets hope it doesnt come up, I'm kinda struggling with parliament it isnt sticking in my head
Original post by BirdIsWord
I hope the 25 marker on the constitution is on the constitution and NOT the judiciary. For against codified or evaluating reforms.

For parliament something like how well it performs its functions.
All i can think of are PMBs.. What does the extract say?

There are problems with how Parliament is seen as a representative body, becausethere are different interpretations of representation. As an elected body, it legitimisesexecutive power, but serves also to link citizens with the political process. It acts asa safety valve and allows MPs in Parliament to articulate the interests of differentgroups in society to government. Parliament fulfils the task of both general andspecific representation. The representation of constituents’ grievances is a traditionalrole of MPs.The significance of Parliament to the public is reflected in the extent to which itremains a magnet for the expression of opinion and dissent. Millions of lettersflow into Parliament each year. Organisations arrange mass lobbies of MPs.Protesters stand with banners and megaphones outside Parliament. These hugedemonstrations show that, for many citizens, Parliament remains relevant.
Reply 8
Original post by govandpolitics
There are problems with how Parliament is seen as a representative body, becausethere are different interpretations of representation. As an elected body, it legitimisesexecutive power, but serves also to link citizens with the political process. It acts asa safety valve and allows MPs in Parliament to articulate the interests of differentgroups in society to government. Parliament fulfils the task of both general andspecific representation. The representation of constituents’ grievances is a traditionalrole of MPs.The significance of Parliament to the public is reflected in the extent to which itremains a magnet for the expression of opinion and dissent. Millions of lettersflow into Parliament each year. Organisations arrange mass lobbies of MPs.Protesters stand with banners and megaphones outside Parliament. These hugedemonstrations show that, for many citizens, Parliament remains relevant.

Thats all thats useful there. Hmm i guess i'd say constituents can write letters which can then be brought up for example in PMQs? No idea what else i'd say :s
Thats all thats useful there. Hmm i guess i'd say constituents can write letters which can then be brought up for example in PMQs? No idea what else i'd say :s

yeah same, the ms doesn't help at all:angry:
constitutional reform , 4 n against hol hasnt been up in so long that or which is more effective at scrutiny
Original post by CallumEllison97
constitutional reform , 4 n against hol hasnt been up in so long that or which is more effective at scrutiny

Could you really be asked that? How would you answer that??
Could you really be asked that? How would you answer that??

answer which one?
Original post by CallumEllison97
answer which one?

The one i highlighted.. Which is more effective at scrutiny
The one i highlighted.. Which is more effective at scrutiny

lol didnt see that. erm yeaa? 2013 paper was exactly that
what do you mean by 'which is more effective at scrutiny' ?
Original post by Ivanhoe11
what do you mean by 'which is more effective at scrutiny' ?

e.g. " the house of lords is more effective at scrutinizing the government than parliament is"
okay I get you
what are the constraints on parliamentary soverignty
What are the impacts of the human rights act and the European court of human rights upon the British political system?

Quick Reply

Latest