The Student Room Group

OCR AS Computer Science HO46/01 (6th June)

No one has made a thread about this exam yet, how did you guys find it?

I have re-created the code needed for the 2 questions on the file size and shopping receipt.

Movies file size question -: pastebin.com/W16czRKW
Shopping list receipt -: pastebin.com/ptmPtZaR
Reply 1
Found it relatively easy to be honest.
My LMC code was also significantly small, so it was something like:

INP
SUB PASSWORD
BRZ DEACTIVATE (or DISARM whatever it was)
BRA ALARM ( again whatever it was)

On the point of the last question, I went through your answer and although technically correct for that specific instance of the program, it cannot be used for any general instance (so if another guy went to the check out) and I thought they wanted us to make the program in pseudocode for regular use (so for any possible customer) and therefore had a bunch of loops that went through the array multiple times (one for filling it with the shopping spree until a condition was met which I stated, in a comment, as being a touch interface and when a location on screen was pressed would change the variable "finished" from FALSE to TRUE stopping the loop. On the same loop I also calculated the decoration products price so that I could make sure to apply the discount to all gardening products afterwards when I was done populating the array. Second loop was implementing the discount if there was any, third loop calculated the total price and last loop formatted and printed the check). Took me 30 minutes for that one question. Good thing I was fast enough for the rest.

On the note of the file size question, I think it wanted the answers on MB or GB and therefore formatted a size of below 1000KB to MB as well.

I could be mistaken though
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Deskatech
Found it relatively easy to be honest.
My LMC code was also significantly small, so it was something like:

INP
SUB PASSWORD
BRZ DEACTIVATE (or DISARM whatever it was)
BRA ALARM ( again whatever it was)

On the point of the last question, I went through your answer and although technically correct for that specific instance of the program, it cannot be used for any general instance (so if another guy went to the check out) and I thought they wanted us to make the program in pseudocode for regular use (so for any possible customer) and therefore had a bunch of loops that went through the array multiple times (one for filling it with the shopping spree until a condition was met which I stated, in a comment, as being a touch interface and when a location on screen was pressed would change the variable "finished" from FALSE to TRUE stopping the loop. On the same loop I also calculated the decoration products price so that I could make sure to apply the discount to all gardening products afterwards when I was done populating the array. Second loop was implementing the discount if there was any, third loop calculated the total price and last loop formatted and printed the check). Took me 30 minutes for that one question. Good thing I was fast enough for the rest.

On the note of the file size question, I think it wanted the answers on MB or GB and therefore formatted a size of below 1000KB to MB as well.

I could be mistaken though

Yeah, i had something very similar on the LMC. Some people got caught out by them speaking about BRP in the first part.

And the last question i noticed that too, but in this case it did work. In the exam i did it slightly wrong anyway as i misunderstood what was being discounted.

in the size one I think it did mention it wanting it in MB, we did go through it briefly today.

There was a few mistake i made, but overall a lot easier than i expected it to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending