The Student Room Group

GCSE German 8th June 2016 EDEXCEL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the first questions of the listening were easy, but the one about the nordic walking completely put me off, as well as the one about the sisters!
Does anyone have a mark scheme for either test? Thank you!
Original post by TSlayerr
I guessed question 8. The other question were easy.

Same
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Did anyone else find listening worse than reading or was that just me?

I did
Reply 24
I loved the reading and listening papers! I didn't actually find them that hard, I don't think. (I'm a higher candidate)

For me on the reading exam, questions 3, 4, 5 and 6 were easier than question 1...

Overall, though, I thought the papers were good; although all the other candidates who took the exam in my school found it harder than ever this year (even the straight A* students).
Did you guys do the IGCSE or the GCSE?
Reply 26
Original post by laroosey
Did you guys do the IGCSE or the GCSE?

I did iGcse wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25
I did iGcse wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh IGCSE. The listening was hard but the reading and writing was not too bad. The speaker in the listening just wouldn't stop talking so it took time for me to process. I think it was harder than the past papers I did though. u?
Reply 28
yeh IGCSE. The listening was hard but the reading and writing was not too bad. The speaker in the listening just wouldn't stop talking so it took time for me to process. I think it was harder than the past papers I did though. u?

Yeah the last two in the listening were the worst !
I think writing was good (school/food)
Reading wasn't too bad but the long one was a bit .. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25
Yeah the last two in the listening were the worst !
I think writing was good (school/food)
Reading wasn't too bad but the long one was a bit .. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do u think the grade boundaries will be? I expect it will be around the same as last year or maybe slightly lower. Last year an A* was 83%.
Reply 30
what do u think the grade boundaries will be? I expect it will be around the same as last year or maybe slightly lower. Last year an A* was 83%.

Yeah I don't think it'll change that much cuz it was only slightly harder than last year tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Is there a markscheme out for the edexcel GCSE German 2016 that anyone has came across yet?
Reply 32
has anyone created an unofficial markscheme yet?
I thought that the listening paper was easier than the reading.. although, I quite liked that the reading was mainly made up of multiple choice questions and then some statement ones at the end (question 8 - which I found really difficult) I hope I either got an A or a B overall :smile:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Isn't it always low 30s for an A* though?

Nah mate it was 35 in a 2013 reading
Yeah the reading was way easier than the listening. I did the 2015 ones the night before and they both were way easier than this year's. I really hope the grade boundaries are low...
How did everyone do in the German IGCSE? I got 79/80 UMS so 1 mark off an A* sooo annoyed.

Grade boundaries:
A* = 80/100
A = 69/100
B = 59/100
C = 50/100
D = 42/100
Reply 37
hiya, i'm doing the 2016 paper for my mock tom - any tips - im falling german (seriously(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending