Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents ask about exams?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Yeah they asked all the time when I was at home, not so much now I'm in uni, but then they don't know when they are lol

(Original post by Kadak)
    Yes,and I always give the same answer,the went fine even if it actually didn`t since my parents will make a big deal of it.Even when I say I made some silly mistakes,they go berserk.
    This is exactly my problem too, I always say they went fine otherwise my parents go crazy and I can have no peace of mind. But I've heard that my friends's parents bug them to revise and take their phones and stuff, my parents don't care what I do in regards to revision as long as I get a good result in the end.

My mum never really cared too much about exams I've done. Even if I did bad or good, she never really seemed to mind. My dad on the other hand really goes mad over exams I take. He'll lose his crap if I get lower than a B in any A-Level or GCSE :P (and even if I get a B, he expects an A).

My parents always ask if I haven't told them already; they're really involved. I usually call my mum after the exam and tell her how it went and I'm usually quite detailed haha, if it went badly i'll usually rant to her. Although they expect nothing less than an A, they're pretty understanding because they know it was the best that I could do.

My parents don't really ask or if they do I start talking and they just blank out so I don't bother saying a lot and just say "it went fine/okay" 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.