The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Application of number level 3!

Hey guys!

I've had a conditional offer for adult nursing at Bangor Univeristy! (starting april 17) and the conditions are to achieve DDM in my btec course and pass my gcse maths with a C grade or above.

Since I have applied through ucas and so on, I've started doing the application of number level 3 but this isn't on my ucas application. If i don't pass my gcse but i do hold the level 3 application of number will they still accept me? And do i need to ring them up and tell them that i am actually doing the key skill?

Thanks x
Original post by halsx
Hey guys!

I've had a conditional offer for adult nursing at Bangor Univeristy! (starting april 17) and the conditions are to achieve DDM in my btec course and pass my gcse maths with a C grade or above.

Since I have applied through ucas and so on, I've started doing the application of number level 3 but this isn't on my ucas application. If i don't pass my gcse but i do hold the level 3 application of number will they still accept me? And do i need to ring them up and tell them that i am actually doing the key skill?

Thanks x

On Bangor's website for Nursing it says

All applicants must meet the NMC entry requirements for literacy and numeracy. This would normally be demonstrated through having achieved GCSE Mathematics and Welsh or English (minimum grades A to C) or the equivalent in numeracy and communication Key Skills, level 3.

Application of Number Key Skills is the equivalent of Functional Skills Level 3. It is a level 3 numeracy qualification and is actually a higher level qualification than GCSE as this is a level 2 qualification. If you ring them up and tell them that you have Application of number, they should accept it.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Hi Halsx,

I would advise you to get in touch with the admissions team for Adult Nursing as this qualification has not been included on your application and they need to be informed of this addition.

You can get in touch with Sandra Jeffreys on 01248 383138 or [email protected] - she should be able to help with your query.

Thank you and good luck.

Ffion (Official Bangor University Rep)

Original post by halsx
Hey guys!

Thanks x

Quick Reply