The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is Edinburgh university accommodation first come first served?

It says on their page
http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/undergraduates/catered-accommodation-at-pollock-halls/ that:

The allocation to Pollock Halls (or any other University accommodation) is not done on a first come, first served basis. All students who qualify for our guarantee of accommodation and who give catered accommodation as their first choice have the same chance of being successful.ents/undergraduates/catered-accommodation-at-pollock-halls/

But I see a lot of people posting about accommodation now (that is before they even got the results) so I want to make sure - is the accommodation done on a first come first served basis or not?
Original post by thatguy152
It says on their page
http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/undergraduates/catered-accommodation-at-pollock-halls/ that:

The allocation to Pollock Halls (or any other University accommodation) is not done on a first come, first served basis. All students who qualify for our guarantee of accommodation and who give catered accommodation as their first choice have the same chance of being successful.ents/undergraduates/catered-accommodation-at-pollock-halls/

But I see a lot of people posting about accommodation now (that is before they even got the results) so I want to make sure - is the accommodation done on a first come first served basis or not?

It is not done on a First Come First Served Basis- as they clearly state

Some Scottish students will have unconditional offers based on their Higher results and will therefore be allocated accommodation already- as will those on gap years etc.

The university allocate pro rata so if 20% of students have unconditional offers then 20% of each type of accommodation will be allocated...

You therefore have exactly the same chance as anyone else when applying.

Obviously if a place is oversubscribed you may not get it but that would be true whenever you applied

hope that helps
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending