The Student Room Group

Repeating year 11 due to circumstances?

I had a lot of issues in my life and we had to move during the middle of year 11.
Everyone in my new school had already covered so much more then me and really I tried my best but just can't cope. Could I repeat year 11? Take in the new spec? How will I be disadvantaged in the future?
I'd advise you to speak to your tutor and head of year, they should be prepared for these kind of situations and should most likely be able to give you the most appropriate answer. Sorry to hear you've been having difficulties though, good luck x
Reply 2
Should be able to re-sit old spec maths and english in November
Original post by Matilda612
I had a lot of issues in my life and we had to move during the middle of year 11.
Everyone in my new school had already covered so much more then me and really I tried my best but just can't cope. Could I repeat year 11? Take in the new spec? How will I be disadvantaged in the future?

Hey, really sorry to hear the difficulties you've faced this year...

Are you doing exams now, but they're just not going well..? Maybe you'll find out on results day that you haven't done as badly as you first thought, and that you've done enough to progress onto the next place you want to go. Also, as someone said above, for the important subjects, retakes are available in November, so you could prepare over summer for those! :smile: Good luck.

Make sure you speak to a teacher/someone who actually knows what they're talking about in order to get accurate info, it will really help and they'll present to you all your possible options.

Quick Reply

Latest