The Student Room Group

HELP!

Im doing AS levels and I have 2 exams coming up this week which I dont think i will be able to attend. I visited the GP this morning and was diagnosed with chicken pox, so I have to stay in for a week or so. What will happen to my grades? Because I have already done exams for the first unit of each of the two subjects. Will the exam boards just give me a U overall or what?
It may just be a case of having to do the exams you missed next year (luckily with A levels you can do units separately), otherwise I'd advise you phone your school tomorrow and ask what can be done, they should be able to help you in the best way possible regarding this. Sorry to hear that you have to miss exams though, good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
It may just be a case of having to do the exams you missed next year (luckily with A levels you can do units separately), otherwise I'd advise you phone your school tomorrow and ask what can be done, they should be able to help you in the best way possible regarding this. Sorry to hear that you have to miss exams though, good luck :smile:

Thanks :smile: Luckily these exams are linear so my AS grades this summer do not count towards my final grade. So technically they 'don't count'. However, they will go on my UCAS application for university so Im screwed lol.
Original post by dmy15
Thanks :smile: Luckily these exams are linear so my AS grades this summer do not count towards my final grade. So technically they 'don't count'. However, they will go on my UCAS application for university so Im screwed lol.

Oh, that's incredibly lucky! In that case, although your grade will be shown, you get should be accepted based on your predicted grades. Your teachers know your general standard of work so once you've spoken to them about it I don't really doubt that they'd give you an appropriate prediction.

It'll most likely be pretty stressful to think about right now but in the long term I don't see why there would be any significant negative impact, it's all about predicted grades!
Reply 4
call your school, they might arrange something to help you sit the exam :smile:

I know in my school, when people are usually ill they will be put in a separate room (with an invigilator watching) so they can take breaks more often :smile: might not be much help but take anything you can get!

and dont worry too much about uni application, they look at predicted grades, your personal statement, and general achievement. they understand things can go wrong, heck during my uni interviews they even asked me if anything went wrong that dropped one of my exam grades (which it did, and they took it into consideration! :smile:)
Reply 5
Original post by kelefi
call your school, they might arrange something to help you sit the exam :smile:

I know in my school, when people are usually ill they will be put in a separate room (with an invigilator watching) so they can take breaks more often :smile: might not be much help but take anything you can get!

and dont worry too much about uni application, they look at predicted grades, your personal statement, and general achievement. they understand things can go wrong, heck during my uni interviews they even asked me if anything went wrong that dropped one of my exam grades (which it did, and they took it into consideration! :smile:)

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest