The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Commuting from Birmingham to Nottingham

I've decided to commute from birmingham to nottingham trent university daily apart from wedsnesdays, saturdays and sundays.
I have all the funds sorted out and everything is just better at home in terms of getting sorted out, studying, getting up on time and everything else. During the days i'll just study in the library and got to my lectures and seminars. What do you think of this?
Original post by marketinglover95
I've decided to commute from birmingham to nottingham trent university daily apart from wedsnesdays, saturdays and sundays.
I have all the funds sorted out and everything is just better at home in terms of getting sorted out, studying, getting up on time and everything else. During the days i'll just study in the library and got to my lectures and seminars. What do you think of this?

Hi marketinglover95,

It is quite a long commute, how are you planning on travelling to Nottingham? Train or car? As if you are planning on travelling by car you have to bare in mind that traffic might hold you up.

I personally wouldn't like to do that long of a commute, but if you are happy and prepared to do it then I say go for it! Just remember that if you do find the commute too long you can always move to Nottingham in your second/third year.

I hope this helps, and if you would like any more advice just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by marketinglover95

I travelled from Stoke to Nottingham each morning for university or placement. It wasn't too bad at all but I had to be on my train at 6.30 every morning and had to be ridiculously organised. It also wasn't fun having such long days when others could just nip home and nap but it did mean that I could go to the uni I wanted to and still maintain my homelife.

You'll be losing out on a lot of the social aspects (I was fine because I had a pot of money put aside for occasional hotel stays and meals) but if you're going there for the whole uni experience then you need to think really hard about your plans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending