Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Nottingham Vet School with A*AB?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Okay so I recently sat my final A-Level Chemistry and Biology exams (I took my complete Physics last October and got a B). The exams went pretty well and I'm hoping for an A* in bio, and at least an A in chemistry (I got a B in AS, so I'm not too sure I'll manage to scrape up enough marks to get an A*, even if the papers were really good)

I'm also currently 16 years old, I just turned 16 a few weeks ago. And I'm living in Pakistan at the moment but was born and raised in England. I should be going back this summer, too, which is when I'll start my work-experience.

Oh and also, my O-Level graders are below:
    Physics: B
    Maths: B
    Urdu Second Language: C
    Chemistry: A* (I had to resit it once, I originally got a B)
    Biology: A*
    English Language: A*
    Pakistan Studies: A
    Islamiat: A

Okay so I e-mailed Nottingham Uni a while back, asking them if I should take gap-years etc. and they said that as long as I had the required grades and work experience, I'd have no trouble getting in, no matter how much time I took off. I'm thinking about taking about 3 years off, to get a job, LOTS of work experience, and maybe even travel to Australia to get some work experience too! I'll also be working on a novel I'm writing up at the moment. But does anyone have any experience with taking so much time off of studying? Is it really beneficial? Should I take another A-Level subject during my time off?

Another thing, seeing as the veterinary facilities over here are not up to the standard, I have been rescuing cats and bringing them back to health. I've currently saved 2 cats from the edge of death without the help of a vet over here (I just took a little guidance from a rescue back in England) I only have proof/pictures of one of the cats though, I forgot to take before and after pictures of the first one :/ Is this something I should add into my CV or should I leave it out?

Another thing, do you think I should apply for Liverpool as well? I know that they want a minimum of AAA, but if I somehow manage to get A*A*B, would the A*'s make up for the B I got in physics? Does it work like that?

Thanks for your help in advance! :-)

Bruh, double-posting won't help to get a quicker answer.

Oh shoot, sorry, I wasn't aware that I double-posted :-/ My WiFi's pretty buggy, I'm certain I only posted it once?? And according to my profile thingie I'm only following this thread so I'm not sure?? Sorry though

I applied in my gap year to liverpool with A*AB, (Biology, chemistry and english literature), and was told I would have to retake the B and get an A in order to get a place. However this was two years ago and things are changing all the time so it's always worthwhile to email them and ask

Nottingham gave me an unconditional offer with my A*AB grades and they were my first choice anyway!

Good luck with your application/journey, your plans sound very exciting!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.