Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Year Abroad/Erasmus

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I recently applied for student finance after changing my 3 year course to a 4 year one for a placement year (Erasmus) that I am studying abroad. However, I received a letter from student finance that stated that they had not been notified by my university that I had changed to a 4 year course. I then received a letter that my application had been approved and I was getting funding, but only as a 3 year course. I contacted my university and they said that they will get round to confirming with student finance that I had changed my course to a 4 year one. Do I need to do anything else or just wait until my university confirm the change to student finance. Will my application automatically be changed so I receive funding for a year abroad?

    It's your university's responsibility to update SFE, there's nothing you can do but wait. Speak to your tutor if you think they're taking too long. It isn't uncommon for people on a three-year degree to decide to take a year abroad so I wouldn't worry.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2016
Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.